Can you teach me some English writing skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep4395

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I'm so worry about my English writing. I has tried all kinds of ways to improve it, but it doesn't work for me. This has already perplexed me for a long time.Can you share your method with me?Thank you

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm really worried about my writing skills. I've tried all kinds of things to improve, but nothing has worked. This has been worrying me for a long time. Do you have any good tips?

What have you tried so far?

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hi.

Not a teacher.

When speaking, you can use nodding and body language to convey the meaning, but in writing you cannot.

I highly recommend you to implement the grammar rules into writing.Unfortunately, many non-native English teachers consider writing as backseat.You can write small paragraphs which consist of 100 words then you will be able to write 250 words and above,but more importantly, You should expand your vocabulary by learning advanced vocabulary and extreme adjectives.Remember, all four skills in English can foster your writing.There are many distinguished teachers here who can help you if you need help.

Sep4395

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thanks for giving many advice for me.I thought I don't really have enough quantity of vocabulary because I'm not good at memorizing vocabulary words.Can you share your method with me? Thank you

Sep4395

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Teacher,can you help me revise the essay if I have written it?I need you!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Teacher, can you help me revise [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] an essay if I write one? [STRIKE]have written it?[/STRIKE] I need your help.
Write your essay and post it to the Editing and Writing Topics section of the forum. We'll do our best to help you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for giving me [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] lots of advice. [STRIKE]for me.[/STRIKE] I t[STRIKE]hought I don't[/STRIKE] don't think I really have [STRIKE]enough quantity of[/STRIKE] a large enough vocabulary because I'm not good at memorizing [STRIKE]vocabulary[/STRIKE] words. (Space after a full stop) Can you share your methods with me?(Just one space after a question mark) Thank you.

Note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Don't put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

My advice for helping with vocabulary is, when you spot a new word, look it up in a standard English dictionary to get the definition (if you don't understand it, then look for a translation of the word into your native language). Once you are sure you understand the definition, learn a short sentence containing the word so that you will remember at least one context in which it is used. Simply trying to memorise a list of individual words doesn't work for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.