Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Denmark
Current Location
Denmark
Full context:

As the years passed, I started hearing stories from friends about women acting weird after sex and making vague statements about being taken “advantage” of. Soon I received emails from worried men stating that girls were accusing them of rape outright and might go to the police. Then I got a panicked call from a close friend who needed advice on what to do after the police showed up at his door to investigate a rape claim. I believe that all these cases involved consensual sex, but those in power can change the definition of consensual sex. Laws can be altered to make illegal what was once legal, and I have no doubt that they will keep being changed until every single sexual encounter that a man has could be interpreted as rape by the judicial system. This will happen within my lifetime.
Since the judicial system is being subverted, we must rely on our behavior, intelligence, and knowledge to stay safe. The days of racking up notches and banging drunk girls have come to an end. You now have to say “no” to women who want to have sex with you if they’ve shown signs of derangement or instability. Otherwise, I can almost guarantee that you will have problems if you try to live out a dream of sleeping with hundreds of women. The ideal game plan today is to find a mentally stable girl who has some resistance to feminist ideas, and entering at least a mini relationship with her.

Please explain what a notch is in this sentence...

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please tell us the source and author of the quoted text.

Skrej

Key Member
Member Type
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's a reference to making notches in something as a way of keeping a tally of victories or conquests. You usually keep your tally on the tool, weapon, or item that was used.

It's being used metaphorically here, however.

'Rack up' is a phrasal verb meaning to obtain or achieve. It carries a sense of a large number, or rapid gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.