• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Enquiry letter to university

I would like to ask about mistakes in my letter. ......- are proper names or personal information.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am applying for ... at your university at .... academic year. I am currently studying Mathematics and Chemistry on extended level but I would like to write .... exam also from Physics, for which I am preparing unassisted. Is it possible for me to apply for a Foundation Year with ... from physics? I would also ask if there is possibility to apply for a course with and without Foundation Year and what are the requirement for a Foundation Year for ....
    Thank you for your time considering questions.

Your faithfully,

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Enquiry letter to university

Quote Originally Posted by Asuan View Post
    I would like to ask about mistakes in my letter. ......- are proper names or personal information.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am applying for ... at your university at .... academic year. I am currently studying Mathematics and Chemistry on extended level but I would like to write .... exam also from Physics, for which I am preparing unassisted. Is it possible for me to apply for a Foundation Year with ... from physics? I would also ask if there is possibility to apply for a course with and without Foundation Year and what are the requirement for a Foundation Year for ....
    Thank you for your time considering questions.

Your faithfully,
    Hello Asuan, and welcome to the forum.
    The parts I highlighted in blue are not very clear. Can you rewrite/explain them?

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Enquiry letter to university

I think I can clear up the first blue part. The OP is saying that where they have written a string of dots, those dots replace proper names or personal information.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.