Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Greetings folks,

I’m studying Computer Science in English and I have to decide the title for my bachelor thesis. I have come up with the following:

“Web application for disease detection and drug suggestion for treatment based on patient symptoms”

I feel like I can improve the part after ‘and’ to sound better, except the ‘based on patient symptoms’ part. Can you help me out? Thanks!

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can it just say treatment recommendations based on patient symptoms?

razvan_stanciu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I need to include the keyword drug. Would drug treatment recommendations based on patient symptoms work as well?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How about "Drug recommendations based on patient symptoms"? I don't think you need "treatment". It wouldn't make sense to recommend a drug if you weren't recommending treating people with it.

Last edited:

razvan_stanciu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
How about "Drug recommendations based on patient symptoms"? I don't think you need "treatment". It wouldn't make sense to recommend a drug if you weren't recommend treating people with it.

I agree, thank you very much guys!

By the way, what do you think about the following paragraph:

When they become ill or suffer from certain symptoms, most people in Romania tend to use the search engines to find the meaning of these symptoms and possible treatment before asking for a doctor's opinion. This takes a lot of time because the information is scattered across various forums or websites. The objective of the application is to automate the search process and provide the patient with the most relevant information, therefore eliminating the need for manual interpretation of the data.

How can I make it better? I want to change it in a more formal way, if you know what I mean...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree, thank you very much guys!

By the way, what do you think about the following paragraph:

When they [STRIKE]become[/STRIKE] are ill [STRIKE]or suffer from certain symptoms[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] many people in Romania [STRIKE]tend to[/STRIKE] use [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] search engines [STRIKE]to find the meaning of these symptoms[/STRIKE] for self-diagnosis and possible treatment ideas before asking for a doctor's opinion. This takes a lot of time because the information is scattered across various forums [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and websites. The objective of the application is to automate the search process and provide the patient with the most relevant information, therefore eliminating the need for manual interpretation of the data.

How can I make it better? I want to change it in a more formal way, if you know what I mean.

See above for some suggested changes. Why does it need to be formal?

razvan_stanciu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
See above for some suggested changes. Why does it need to be formal?

Nevermind, your suggestions are perfect. Thank you, sir! Have a nice weekend :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Never mind, your suggestions are perfect. Thank you. [STRIKE]sir![/STRIKE] Have a nice weekend. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]

Note my corrections above. Please don't refer to people here as "sir" (or "ma'am/madam"). Using "sir" suggests you think I must be a man. My sex is irrelevant. Don't try to make your own emoticons. If you must use one, click on the :) icon in the toolbar and choose the appropriate one.

For future reference, there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". A click on the "Thank" button is enough.

I'm still interested to know why you wanted your piece to be more formal?

Status
Not open for further replies.