Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The principle reason that motivated me to pursue the MSc Construction Economics and Management is the appeal and challenge Senior Managers in construction experience in delivering assignments they undertake in their career. The qualification, indeed, lead to very smart and modern careers for graduates who love challenges, creativity, leadership and success.
My undergraduate studies served to whet my appetite for architectural knowledge; want to more engage in project from all side including clients, subcontractors, construction supply chains and the infrastructure sector as well as considering site status, and I realized that I must pursue an advanced degree in the management side of projects at University College London. It will enable me to combine the strongest aspects of my personality, enthusiasm for solving practical problems of construction.My undergraduate syllabus greatly benefited me, Design, Construction and Management were a few of the subjects. Combination of these subjects answered questions of architecture and construction. I realized that there is so much that I do not understand and would love to do it practically and learn. Luckily got internships in the Dpa where was trained under the heads of team for the project PARA, VTP and were more projects. My recent year work experience at pva where under the guidance of experienced architect, developed in depth knowledge by individually handle a project of Estate Villa with services and their interiors. My present job profile at AAA, I develop the sense of How to manage project? Whilst I enjoyed working as an architect, I preferred to learn about the management of construction project.
From my experience, I see that Construction Management is the application of skills, knowledge and techniques to meet the objectives of a construction. It involves managing and organizing resources and people in such a way that a planned project is completed in the correct way and on time - projects are required to be managed efficiently for accuracy, on time delivery, within set budget and according to project specifications. Therefore, along with management and administration, there are needs for project deep understanding, estimate and specification of projects and this is where I find vested interest in the subject following my current qualification and I believe I would make a very successful senior manager.
My curiosity to surfing about construction industry throughout the world coupled with my desire to research further in it. I have joined Coursera & Edx for online short courses Roman architecture by Yale University, and Project Management respectively. After successful completion of the Msc in Construction Management program, I wish to work with an organization of international repute in the capacity of an analyst and eventually work my way up to become the Project Head. Ten years from now, I would seek to be actively involved with the Construction Industry giants specializing in cost and resource management and also partner with start-ups and other companies which work for the betterment of society through increased innovation method. I have confidence and am a very keen worker who will not give up until have achieved my goal. I have good computer software skills, analytical and decision- making skills, to assess and resolve conflicting points of view, which is vital in being a good Manager. All in all I aim to be a successful entrepreneur and contribute to this industry in a meaningful way.
The University of College of London MSc Construction Management course is a leading university. This professional accomplishment would give me extra edge to attract major employers. This MSc course at UCL is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and also reflects areas of knowledge specified by the Project Management Institute. These features of the course at this university influenced my choice of university hugely. UCL have outstanding reputation for teaching – were awarded top marks – a 'confidence' rating. The university is based in London, connected with local and international business, industry and commerce; the teachers are attached to those and often bring in hands-on experience to prepare students with the requirements for latest employment standards. The tuition integrates soft skills, cognitive skills, employability and career skills so that graduates are confident to start their career immediately after completion.

I would also like to add that I have been an all- rounder and this can be reflected achievements column. I was Sportswoman and have won several medals from college and school. As I was the college athlete managed to get part on nationals’ stage in Kanpur, also was the captain of Volleyball team in department. My interest in sports is complemented by interest in freestyle dance and won several competitions. I was the First Runner-Up for 12[SUP]th[/SUP] C.B.S.E exam and in college, was in top 5. Finally I have been involved in student affairs, Team leader of group of 20 students for Annual NASA Design Competition’13 and for many studio works, Member in the Scientist community in Zonal NASA’13 team, current member of the NASA.
I would be honoured to be a part of the UCL and learn from professors who have remarkable research in the field of Construction Management. Masters will enhance my knowledge in planning and most certainly paving paths for research in this field. I would love to work with Professor Dr XXX, who got award of CIOB International Innovation & Research (I&R) Awards 2016, for improving efficiency and new levels of sustainability and those from who come together from various backgrounds to teach this course. Their guidance will benefit my thirst for planning knowledge and would consider myself lucky if get an opportunity to be part of assistantship.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is the purpose of your piece? Why are some words/phrases/initials in bold?

pandank03

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Want to emphasize that particular point.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I want to emphasize [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] those particular points.

And what is the purpose of your piece? Who are you going to send it to?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The principle reason that motivated me to pursue the MSc in Construction Economics and Management is the appeal and challenge senior managers in construction experience in [Strike]delivering[/Strike] successfully completing assignments they undertake in their career. The qualification, indeed, can lead to very smart and modern careers for graduates who love challenges, creativity, leadership and success.

My undergraduate studies served to whet my appetite for [Strike]architectural[/Strike] acquiring more knowledge about architecture; I want to [Strike]more[/Strike] engage more with [Strike]in[/Strike] the various aspects of a project [Strike]from all side[/Strike] including clients, subcontractors, construction supply chains and the infrastructure sector as well as considering site status, and I realized that I must pursue an advanced degree in [Strike]the[/Strike] management [Strike]side of projects[/Strike] at University College London. It will enable me to combine the strongest aspects of my personality with my enthusiasm for solving practical problems of construction. [Strike]My undergraduate syllabus greatly benefited me, Design, Construction and Management were a few of the subjects. Combination of these subjects answered questions of architecture and construction. I realized that there is so much that I do not understand and would love to do it practically and learn.[/Strike]

[Strike]Luckily got[/Strike] I did internships in the Dpa [What is that?] where I was trained under the heads of team for the [Strike]project[/Strike] PARA, VTP and [Strike]were more[/Strike] other projects. My recent [Strike]year[/Strike] work experience at pva,[Strike]where[/Strike] under the guidance of an experienced architect, [Strike]developed in depth knowledge by individually handle[/Strike]included working on a project of Estate Villa [What is that?] with services and their interiors. In my present job [Strike]profile[/Strike] at AAA, I have developed the sense of how to manage a project. Whilst I enjoyed working as an architect, I preferred to learn about the management of construction projects.

[Strike]From my experience, I see that[/Strike] Construction Management is the application of skills, knowledge and techniques to meet the objectives of a construction. It involves managing and organizing resources and people in such a way that a planned project is completed in the correct way and on time. [Strike]- projects are required to be managed efficiently for accuracy, on time delivery, within set budget and according to project specifications. Therefore, along with management and administration, there are needs for project deep understanding, estimate and specification of projects and[/Strike] This is [Strike]where I find vested interest in the subject following my current[/Strike] why I wish to pursue this qualification and I believe I would make a very successful senior manager.

[Strike]My curiosity to surfing about construction industry throughout the world coupled with my desire to research further in it. I have joined[/Strike] Coursera & Edx for online short courses Roman architecture by Yale University, and Project Management respectively. [That's confusing. Rewrite it in a simple manner.] After successful completion of the Msc in Construction Management program, I wish to work with an organization of international repute [Strike]in the capacity of[/Strike] as an analyst and eventually work my way up to become the Project Head [What does that mean?] . Ten years from now, I would seek to be actively involved with the construction industry giants specializing in cost and resource management and also partner with start-ups and other companies which work for the betterment of society through the increased innovation method [What does that mean?]. I have confidence and I am a very keen worker who will not give up until I have achieved my goal. I have good computer software skills, analytical and decision- making skills, to assess and resolve conflicting points of view, which is vital in being a good manager. [Strike]All in all I aim to be a successful entrepreneur and contribute to this industry in a meaningful way.[/Strike]

[Strike]The[/Strike] University [Strike]of[/Strike] College [Strike]of[/Strike] London's MSc in Construction Management course is a prestigious qualification. [Strike]leading university.[/Strike] [Strike]This professional accomplishment[/Strike] It would give me an extra edge to [Strike]attract[/Strike] gain a position with major employers. This MSc course at UCL is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and also reflects areas of knowledge specified by the Project Management Institute. [Strike]These features of the course at this university influenced my choice of university hugely.[/Strike] UCL [Strike]have[/Strike] has an outstanding reputation for teaching. [Strike]– were awarded top marks – a 'confidence' rating.[/Strike] The university is based in London, and is connected with local and international business, industry and commerce; the teachers [Strike]are attached to those and often[/Strike] bring in hands-on experience, and [Strike]to prepare students with the requirements for latest employment standards.[/Strike] the tuition integrates soft skills, cognitive skills, employability and career skills so that graduates are confident to start their career immediately after program completion.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I would also like to add that [Strike]I have been an all- rounder and this can be reflected achievements column. I was[/Strike] I am a sportswoman and have won several medals [Strike]from[/Strike] at college and school. [Strike]As I was the college athlete managed to get part on nationals’ stage[/Strike] I represented my college in the national [swimming?] competition in Kanpur, also was the captain of the volleyball team in college. [Strike]department.[/Strike] My interest in sports is complemented by [Strike]interest in[/Strike] passion for freestyle dancing, andI have won several competitionsin that. I was the first runner-up [Strike]for[/Strike] in the 12th C.B.S.E exam and in college, was consistently in the top five students. Finally, I have been involved in student affairs, and I am the team leader of group of 20 students for the Annual NASA Design Competition ’13 [What does that mean?] and for many studio works [What does that mean?], Member in the Scientist community in Zonal NASA’13 team [What does that mean?], and a current member of [Strike]the[/Strike] NASA.

I would be honoured to be a part of the UCL and learn from professors who have remarkable research in the field of construction management. [Strike]Masters will enhance my knowledge in planning and most certainly paving paths for research in this field.[/Strike] I would love to work with Professor Dr XXX, who [Strike]got[/Strike] won a [Strike]award of[/Strike] CIOB International Innovation & Research (I&R) awards in 2016, for improving efficiency and new levels of sustainability. [Strike], and those from who come together from various backgrounds to teach this course. Their guidance will benefit my thirst for planning knowledge and would consider myself lucky if get an opportunity to be part of assistantship.[/Strike]

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your reply.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
pandank03, I hope you appreciate all the work teechar has done on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.