Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Your pronunciation is very good. I think you're Chinese. Did I guess right?

jonathanrace

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
'v' and 't' sounds are a little too soft.Good pronunciation though, nice to hear a learner with a British accent than an American accent. I will also guess Chinese.

sara1234

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I'm not sure what you mean by judge my accent. Do you mean is what you say understandable?

Not really, I wanted to know native speaker's opinion about my accent, meaning is it a good imitation of British accent, what I have to work on, etc. Although I understand your confusion, since I haven't made myself clear

sara1234

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
'v' and 't' sounds are a little too soft.Good pronunciation though, nice to hear a learner with a British accent than an American accent. I will also guess Chinese.

Thank you for advice, I'm Polish tho :)

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I grew up surrounded by people speaking English with a Polish accent, so I'm usually easily able to identify one. Your accent doesn't sound typically Polish, which indicates that you've done very well in your pronunciation work.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's good, but you're reading, aren't you? Reading is less natural than speaking normally.

sara1234

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
It's good, but you're reading, aren't you? Reading is less natural than speaking normally.

Yes, I am. I know but I don't think I sound any different + I wouldn't know what to talk about for this minute and a half if I wasn't reading.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sara, you will notice that four threads consisting of "thank you" have been deleted from this page. They were all unnecessary. We have a "Thank" button on each post and you should click it in order to thank someone for their help.
Also, if you are going to write it at all, you must capitalise and punctuate it correctly. It should look like this:

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.