Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Indonesia
Please correct my essay, and many thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019

Some prefer online courses to study and they think it is better. Others prefer
classroom education. Discuss both views and share your opinion.

In the modern era, doing online course or receiving classroom education have become a highly controversial issue. There are those who feel that taking online course is better than receiving classroom education however other believe otherwise. In this essay I will examine both sides of compelling argument and provide my overall opinion.

From an overall perspective, there are two primary reasons why people believe strongly that taking online course is more beneficial than attending a class in person. Perhaps the cogent reason why people are in favour of this notion is because online course saves money. This is because students do not have to pay for travel. For a particular example, a Vietnamese student taking English lesson does have to travel a long way to UK, which means money saving. A further point in particularly favour this idea is that students can study anytime. For a classic instance, a student can study during 1-hour break time at work. Unlike in the dim and distant past when the Internet was not available, students nowadays can meet their online teachers at midnight.

Despite these strong arguments, there is also a case for the idea that classroom education is better than Internet-based course. Perhaps the sound reason why people are in favour of this idea is that students can sharpen social skills in class. An excellent illustration of this is that a student, who is having argument with other student over a heated issue, learn how to supress black anger. A further point in greatly favour of this notion is that in classroom education student acquire critical thinking skills. For a typical example, during a debate, student have to formulate solid reasons.

In conclusion, having considered both sides of argument, I would have to say that online course is advantageous for students with limited time availability and geography restrictions and classroom education for social skills development and critical thinking training. If a student could take both online course and classroom education, he would be a more successful student.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor for marking/grading?

duiter

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Indonesia
26th December

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Then we wish you good luck. You should have noticed that the forum rules make it clear that we do not help with homework or any other kind of assignment that is going to be marked or graded. Getting our help is tantamount to cheating. Your teacher is not remotely interested in how well we can write this essay - he/she wants to know how well you can write this essay. Otherwise, how will he/she know where your strengths are weaknesses lie?

After you receive your essay back from your teacher, you can come back to us if your teacher makes any corrections or comments you don't understand.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.