• Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Application to Student Ambassador

Hello teachers,

I filled up an application form to apply for a posiition of student ambassador at my University. I was wondering if you coud give it a quick check.

Thx

Relevant Experience
    During my High school studies I volunteered at…which is an organization that helps to improve people' quality of life by undertaking projects in different districts within the city of San Rafael. My activities were the following:
    Collaborate with the development of a programme for the protection and care of street dogs.
    Planning and organizing of events and meetings.
    Give talks in schools about the importance of caring pets.
    Prepare events and engage people in the activities prepared.
    Also, I participated as a guide in a Summit conference that was held at my high school. I helped preparing the talks, guiding attendees and speakers through the campus and giving ID cards to attendees.

What do you like about the University?
    There are many aspects that I have come to enjoy during the year I have been at the University. First of all, I appreciate that the staff is friendly and always willing to help. I have approached some of my lecturers asking for guidance in assignments or specific topics on the course, and they have provided me useful resources and explained me the topics more in detail. Second, the career coaches in the career studio have given me valuable advice on my CV and application process. Third, the number of clubs and extracurricular activities that are listed on the students’ website offer a wide range of activities to do outside lectures. Fourth, thanks to the events shown on the career website I’ve been able to attend presentations of employers and fairs, workshops to improve my English speaking and listening skills. Finally, the material covered in the lectures, Although it is difficult, has provided me a new insight on the area of power systems that I was not aware of before arriving at the UK. Overall, I would say the University offers many opportunities and support to students and strive to achieve a high level of satisfaction. Talking about the city, there are many inexpensive shops, bars and restaurants that I can take advantage of. The city is compact, meaning that I can grab a bargain without having to travel too far. I love the iconic buildings such as The Liver Buildings, The Anglican Cathedral and the Radio City Tower. The latter offers spectacular views of the city. The city is the perfect place to meet new people since there is a diverse selection of students. As I’m a music fan, I happily discovered that there is a high concentration of live music, theatres and friendly pubs.

What do you normally do in your free time?
    I spend most of my free time at the Library and attending as many events as I can that are listed on the Career website. Also, as I am passionate about dancing, I learn new dance moves and practice my salsa abilities at the Salsa club. On the weekends, I like to travel to other cities. I have visited Manchester, Leeds and London. I also enjoy going to museums and the best part is that almost all of them are free.
    I’ll experience a brand-new country with new outlooks, customs and activities. Also, I will get a new perspective on culture, improve my language skills, and benefit from a high-level education.
    Last edited by Bringthemon; 19-Jan-2019 at 10:56.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Application to Student Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthemon View Post
    Hello teachers,

I filled up in/out an application form to apply for a position of "Student Ambassador" at my university. I was wondering if you could give it a quick check.

Thx Thanks.

Relevant Experience
    During my time at high school, studies I volunteered at XXX, which is an organization that helps to improve people's quality of life by undertaking projects in different districts within the city of San Rafael. My activities responsibilities were included: the following:

- Collaborating with the development of a programme for the protection and care of street dogs.
    - Planning and organizing of events and meetings.
    - Giving talks in schools about the importance of caring for pets.
    - Preparing events and engaging people in the activities prepared. them.
    - Also, I participated as a guide in a Summit conference that was held at my high school. I helped with/by preparing the talks, guiding attendees and speakers through the campus and giving ID cards to attendees.

What do you like about the university?
    There are many aspects that I have come to enjoy during the year I have been at the university. First of all, I appreciate that the staff is are friendly and always willing to help. I have approached some of my lecturers asking for guidance in on assignments or specific topics on the course, and they have provided me with useful resources and explained me the topics more in more detail. Secondly, the career coaches in the career studio have given me valuable advice on my CV and application process. Thirdly, the number of clubs and extracurricular activities that are listed on the studentsí website offer a wide range of activities to do take part in outside lectures. Fourthly, thanks to the events shown on the career website, Iíve been able to attend employment presentations of employers and fairs, and workshops to improve my English speaking and listening skills. Finally, the material covered in the lectures, although it is difficult, has provided me with a new insight on the area of power systems that I was not aware of before arriving at in the UK. Overall, I would say the university offers many opportunities and a lot of support to students, and strives to achieve a high level of satisfaction. Talking about With regards to the city, there are many inexpensive shops, bars and restaurants that I can take advantage of. The city is compact, meaning that I can grab a bargain without having to travel too far. I love the iconic buildings such as The Liver Buildings, The Anglican Cathedral and the Radio City Tower. The latter offers spectacular views of the city. The city is the perfect place to meet new people since there is a diverse selection huge diversity of students. As Iím a music fan, I happily discovered was happy to discover that there is a high concentration of live music, theatres and friendly pubs.

What do you normally do in your free time?
    I spend most of my free time at the library and attending as many events as I can that are listed on the career website. Also, as I am passionate about dancing, I learn new dance moves and practice my salsa abilities at the Salsa club. On the At weekends, I like to travel to other cities. I have visited Manchester, Leeds and London. I also enjoy going to museums and the best part is that almost all of them are free.
    Iíll experience I am experiencing/enjoying a brand (no hyphen here) new country with new outlooks, customs and activities. Also, I will get I am getting a new perspective on culture, improving my language skills, and benefitting from a high-level education.
    Welcome to the forum.

Please see my suggested corrections and changes above. Good luck with your application.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Banned
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Oh wow, I did not think you would read that long text and amend it.

Much obliged

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Oh wow, I did not think you would read that long text and amend it.
    That makes me wonder why you posted it then!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

5. Banned
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I posted it on other forums but nobody read it. I was surorised when I saw that you amended it. Again, thanks a lot

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I posted it on other forums but nobody read it. I was surprised when I saw that you had amended it. Again, thanks a lot.
    It was quite a long post for this forum. Many users won't have read it - just bear that in mind in future. I just happened to have time that evening.