call the shots

I know it means "to be in charge", but could you suggest any other meaning in daily conversation? thanks

Re: call the shots

To "call the shots" basically means to make the decisions; whoever is calling the shots has authority. Hope this helps!

thank you so much,
    I have others: to face the music, to carry the can, to pass the buck, to mark the line, to sit on the fence
    basically I know what they mean, but Im looking for other definitions in daily conversation. thanks!

OK, here goes:

to face the music---means to accept the consequences of your actions; basically, when you did something wrong, dealing with the consequences is "facing the music"

to carry the can---similar to "facing the music", but this one means taking the blame for something which wasn't your fault (at least not totally)

to pass the buck---pretty much the opposite of the two idioms above; "passing the buck" is not taking responsibility, but blaming somebody else; basically, saving yourself from getting into trouble by getting somebody else into trouble

to mark the line doesn't mean anything as far as I know...did you mean to "toe the line"?

to sit on the fence---means that you don't take either side in an argument or debate, either because you can't decide or because you just don't care

Hope this helps!

Youve been very helpful. Ive confirmed those idioms already. Thanks
    By the way, where are you from? and where do you work?

No problem. I'm from northern California but I'm actually currently a student at the University of Southern California. What about you?