[General] Hi everyone, who would like to help me out with mu application letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hille Takken

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi everyone, who would like to help me out with my application letter? Naturally I would dislike to send it with mistakes... . If you wish, I could maybe return the favour to you... with some training in communication skills. I'm specialized in engaging target audiences in the non-profit sector. Please find my letter below

Best wishes,

Hille

Dear XXX,

Please allow me to convince you that I am the storyteller YYY is looking for, by telling my own story: My parents read many books to me when I was little. I especially remember the story about a good dragon who helped common people by spitting fire at polluting factories. Ever since I felt committed to a better world. The vacancy for the particular job of a storyteller advisor I found on your website, after my friend and former colleague ZZZ had mentioned it to me.

In my adult life storytelling became part of my profession, as a I studied journalism. Because I did not just want to write stories - I also wanted them to gain impact – I worked for many different organizations in the non-profit sector, such as Oxfam Novib and AAA Over the years I became an all-round communication strategist. I developed lots of ideas about effectively engaging target audiences.

I learned how to design social media posts at the Voedingscentrum, and I know how to enlarge the chances they go viral. I also learned how to work with social media monitoring tools such as Coosto. I can analyse statistics and use them to make strategic choices. I find satisfaction in measuring the impact of communication materials.

As my co-workers often complimented on my writing and asked me to teach some of my skills to them, I developed an online training for highly educated employees working in the non-profit sector. The clients who follow my lessons, are very satisfied with it, so I’m rather confident I am a great help for co-workers within organizations, whether they work within programs, the communications staff or in partnering organizations such as BBB.

I am familiar with the SRJS program, as I have written stories for BBB as a freelance editor. I’m experienced in working with local civil society organizations in southern Africa as I worked several years for NiZA (which is now merged into Action Aid). Later on, I also worked with civil society organizations in western Africa, as I made a short movie on community radio projects in Liberia.

I can work independently and also enjoy to be part of a team. Many clients of my freelance business will confirm I am flexible, dedicated to book results and often bring a good mood to the workplace. Please invite me to get to know each other a little bit better. I’ll bring the book The Good Dragon with me – I think I still have it ;-).

Warm regards,

Hille Takken

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear XXX, [1]

Please allow me to convince you that I am the storyteller YYY is looking for, by telling my own story. My parents read many books to me when I was little. I especially remember the story about a good dragon who helped common people by spitting fire at polluting factories. Ever since, I have felt committed to a making better world. [STRIKE]The vacancy for the particular job of a storyteller advisor I found on your website, after my friend and former colleague ZZZ had mentioned it to me.
[/STRIKE]
In my adult life, storytelling became part of my profession, as a I studied journalism. Because I did not just want to write stories - I also wanted them to [STRIKE]gain[/STRIKE] have an impact – I worked for many different organizations in the non-profit sector, such as Oxfam Novib and AAA. Over the years, I became an all-round communication strategist. I developed [STRIKE]lots of[/STRIKE] many ideas about effectively engaging target audiences.

I learned how to design social media posts at the Voedingscentrum, and I know how to [STRIKE]enlarge the chances they[/STRIKE] make them go viral. I also learned how to work with social media monitoring tools such as Coosto. I can analyse statistics and use them to make strategic choices. I find satisfaction in measuring the impact of communication materials.

As my co-workers often complimented on my writing and asked me to teach some of my skills to them, I developed an online training protocol/course for highly educated employees working in the non-profit sector. The clients who follow my lessons, are very satisfied with [STRIKE]it,[/STRIKE] them, so [STRIKE]I’m[/STRIKE] I feel rather confident that I [STRIKE]am a great[/STRIKE] would be of help for co-workers within organizations, whether they work within programs, the communications [STRIKE]staff[/STRIKE] departments or in partnering organizations such as BBB.

I am familiar with the SRJS program, as I have written stories for BBB as a freelance editor. [STRIKE]I’m[/STRIKE] Additionally, I am experienced in working with local civil society organizations in southern Africa as I worked for several years for NiZA (which [STRIKE]is now[/STRIKE] has since merged [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] with Action Aid). Later on, I also worked with civil society organizations in western Africa, as I made a short movie on community radio projects in Liberia.

I can work independently and also enjoy [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] being part of a team. Many clients of my freelance business will confirm I am flexible, dedicated to book results and often bring a good mood to the workplace. [STRIKE]Please invite me to get to know each other a little bit better. I’ll[/STRIKE] I would highly value the opportunity to meet with you in person. I will bring the book The Good Dragon with me – I think I still have it.

[STRIKE]Warm regards,
[/STRIKE]

Yours sincerely,
Hille Takken
[1]: Note that you should use the appropriate form of address. If you know the person's surname, use that and end the letter with "Yours sincerely". If you don't, use "Dear Sir/Madam," and sign off with "Yours faithfully".

Status
Not open for further replies.