[General] Please help me to make these sentences sound more professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, could you please help me to make these sentences sound more professional?

Sentence #1: I have always been empathetic and curious about the safety and well-being of people and the impacts that the built environment have on their welfare.

Sentence #2: The potential of human losses will increase if we do not aim to design safer buildings and infrastructures.

Sentence #3: I am confident that my educational qualifications and previous work experience can bring excellent expertise, skill and knowledge to your team.

Sentence #4: I would like to provide high quality engineering services that exceed expectations and ensure safety of people.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I see you have posted the same thread in another forum.

"We recommend posting a question on one forum only initially. If you do not get a satisfactory answer from that forum and you feel that you have exhausted its possibilities, then of course trying a different forum might help. It is only courteous however, to tell the second forum that you have already asked the question on another forum and then give a precis of the answers you received there, or provide a link to it, along with an explanation of why you are now looking elsewhere."
(emr2d2)

Additionally, you'll get quicker replies by posting in one forum only. I for one am going to wait before replying in case somebody in the other place saves me the trouble.

Last edited:

Ameri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I see you have posted the same thread in another forum.

"We recommend posting a question on one forum only initially. If you do not get a satisfactory answer from that forum and you feel that you have exhausted its possibilities, then of course trying a different forum might help. It is only courteous however, to tell the second forum that you have already asked the question on another forum and then give a precis of the answers you received there, or provide a link to it, along with an explanation of why you are now looking elsewhere."
(emr2d2)

Additionally, you'll get quicker replies by posting in one forum only. I for one am going to wait before replying in case somebody in the other place saves me the trouble.

Thanks for your message. I did not know that actually, and the reason I posted this in two different forums is I thought different people with different ideas help people on these forums so I was hoping to get feedback from more than just one person. Had I known that will result in you not answering my question I would have not posted my question on the other forum.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. I have always cared about safety.

2. The potential for loss of life will increase if we do not build safer buildings.

3. I am confident that my educational qualifications and work experience make me a valuable employee to any employer.

4. I believe firmly that you should underpromise and overdeliver.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.