Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Please help me to make these sentences sound more professional!

Hi, could you please help me to make these sentences sound more professional?

Sentence #1: I have always been empathetic and curious about the safety and well-being of people and the impacts that the built environment have on their welfare.

Sentence #2: The potential of human losses will increase if we do not aim to design safer buildings and infrastructures.

Sentence #3: I am confident that my educational qualifications and previous work experience can bring excellent expertise, skill and knowledge to your team.

Sentence #4: I would like to provide high quality engineering services that exceed expectations and ensure safety of people.

2. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Please help me to make these sentences sound more professional!

I see you have posted the same thread in another forum.

"We recommend posting a question on one forum only initially. If you do not get a satisfactory answer from that forum and you feel that you have exhausted its possibilities, then of course trying a different forum might help. It is only courteous however, to tell the second forum that you have already asked the question on another forum and then give a precis of the answers you received there, or provide a link to it, along with an explanation of why you are now looking elsewhere."
    (emr2d2)

Additionally, you'll get quicker replies by posting in one forum only. I for one am going to wait before replying in case somebody in the other place saves me the trouble.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 19-Feb-2019 at 11:27.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    I see you have posted the same thread in another forum.

"We recommend posting a question on one forum only initially. If you do not get a satisfactory answer from that forum and you feel that you have exhausted its possibilities, then of course trying a different forum might help. It is only courteous however, to tell the second forum that you have already asked the question on another forum and then give a precis of the answers you received there, or provide a link to it, along with an explanation of why you are now looking elsewhere."
    (emr2d2)

Additionally, you'll get quicker replies by posting in one forum only. I for one am going to wait before replying in case somebody in the other place saves me the trouble.
    Thanks for your message. I did not know that actually, and the reason I posted this in two different forums is I thought different people with different ideas help people on these forums so I was hoping to get feedback from more than just one person. Had I known that will result in you not answering my question I would have not posted my question on the other forum.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

1. I have always cared about safety.

2. The potential for loss of life will increase if we do not build safer buildings.

3. I am confident that my educational qualifications and work experience make me a valuable employee to any employer.

4. I believe firmly that you should underpromise and overdeliver.