• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: How much of give, take and get to teach to my doctor student

Priority means in which order. Your boss gives you 5 tasks. You ask which is priority. Your boss tells all then you do nothng for 5 days as you can't do them at the same time. Which are four most common ones? She wants the difference between give, take and get so I will just tell her conceptually and mention how vast a full description would be. You totally ignored my original post

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by cloa View Post
    "Priority" means "in which order". Your boss gives you 5 tasks. You ask which [one] is the priority. Your boss tells you they all are, then you do nothing for 5 days as you can't do them at the same time. Which are the four most common ones? (The word "common" doesn't work in that question.)

She wants the difference between "give", "take" and "get" so I will just tell her conceptually and mention how vast a full description would be.

You totally ignored my original post.
    I mean no offence, cloa, but are you absolutely sure that your native language is English? We don't usually have to spend so much time correcting posts by native speakers, let alone those by English teachers. One of the reasons your original question is getting lost in the mix is that we are spending a lot of time correcting your posts.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    One of the reasons your original question is getting lost in the mix is that we are spending a lot of time correcting your posts.
    As well as trying to work out what you are trying to say.

Your boss gives you 5 tasks. You ask which is priority. Your boss tells all ...
    The blue part here is not something a native speaker would say. Please tell us if your first language is not English because this will affect what kind of advice we give you.

4. Junior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Quote Originally Posted by jutfrank View Post
    As well as trying to work out what you are trying to say.

The blue part here is not something a native speaker would say. Please tell us if your first language is not English because this will affect what kind of advice we give you.
    You forget it to account for the fact that I am writing on a Kindle .and often in my lunch break and this site doesn't have a review page. So far no one has offered me any concrete information about "get", "take" "give"so I have to doubt that you are a teaching profesional. The Kindle cursor jumps around by itself and precision placement is also hard.

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Yes, she might- difficult to find enough vacation time.
    That means you don't understand the word priority and a few of the meanings. There are some archaic and technical ones.
    Why wouldn't I know what a priority is? I suggested a starting place. That's a priority. And several of the teachers here have given you good advice, which I didn't and won't repeat.

Lots of words have archaic meanings. Don't burden your students with those definitions.

I can't imagine any technical meanings for give, take, or get.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.

6. Junior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Take a trick - only for the technical area of card games. What starting place? You have only given vague replies -specifics needed.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Cloa, you are being paid to teach these people English. We're all here as volunteers. Saying things like "Specifics needed" makes it look very much like you're basically expecting us to write your lesson plans for you.

How long have you been teaching English?
    What qualification do you have?
    While studying to be an English teacher, what information were you given about creating lesson plans?

Additionally, you have consistently failed to take note of our request that you write in complete sentences and in correct, grammatical English. Typing on your Kindle has nothing to do with it. That doesn't explain ungrammatical content.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

8. VIP Member
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

so I have to doubt that you are a teaching profesional.
    Hmmm.
    Typoman - writer of rongs

9. Junior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Cloa, you are being paid to teach these people English. We're all here as volunteers. Saying things like "Specifics needed" makes it look very much like you're basically expecting us to write your lesson plans for you.

How long have you been teaching English?
    What qualification do you have?
    While studying to be an English teacher, what information were you given about creating lesson plans?

Additionally, you have consistently failed to take note of our request that you write in complete sentences and in correct, grammatical English. Typing on your Kindle has nothing to do with it. That doesn't explain ungrammatical content.
    Specifics such what are the meanings that you think I should prioritise- which is nowhere being a lesson plan. I may disagree but it give me something to discuss rather than the nothing statements like do the top 3 meanings. What incomplete sentences?

I have teaching in Japan for 8 years with some ALT and some home tutoring.
    I have some online TEFL certificates- lots of them with some tutor assessment- 120 hours certificate from i-to-i.
    The process of creating lesson plans is a bit useful but writing lesson plans is itself not very useful. I have got a template that I sometimes use.

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I want specifics such as the meanings that you think I should prioritise- which is nothing like a lesson plan. I may disagree, but it gives me something to discuss rather than the nothing statements, as the top three meanings do. What incomplete sentences are you referring to?

I have been teaching in Japan for eight years, with some ALT and some home tutoring.

I have some online TEFL certificates, lots of them with some tutor assessment. I have a 120-hours certificate from i-to-i.
    The process of creating lesson plans is a bit useful but writing lesson plans is itself not very useful. I have got a template that I sometimes use.
    You could make those top three meanings your priorities.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last