Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

"I'm in love with you," Hanna said. "I'm dreaming about you every day. I can't live without you. Would you marry me?"
"I'm in love with you too, "Paul said. "I'm dreaming about you very often. I want to marry you, but let's first make a prenuptial agreement in case our love turns into hate."
"Don't you trust me?" she asked. "Don't you believe in my love?"
"I trust nobody," he said, "not even myself, but I trust a signed document."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Have I made any mistakes?

"I'm in love with you," Hanna said. "[STRIKE]I'm dreaming[/STRIKE] I dream about you every day. I can't live without you. Would you marry me?"
"I'm in love with you too, "Paul said. "[STRIKE]I'm dreaming[/STRIKE] I dream about you [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] often. I want to marry you (no comma here) but, first, let's [STRIKE]first[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] sign a prenuptial agreement in case our love turns into hate."
"Don't you trust me?" she asked. "Don't you believe in my love?"
"I trust nobody," he said, "not even myself, but I trust a signed document."

See above. Most people dream at night, though. Although "prenuptial agreement" is the actual term, most people are familiar with the simple "prenup".
Also, "Would you marry me?" suggests a hypothetical. If Hanna is actually proposing to Paul, she should say "Will you marry me?"

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
emsr2d2,

When I used "dream about" I didn't mean literary dreaming at night, but yearning for a person. Should I have write instead "I yearn for you every day."?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
emsr2d2,

When I used "dream about", I didn't mean [STRIKE]literary[/STRIKE] literally dreaming at night, but yearning for a person. Should I have [STRIKE]write[/STRIKE] written [STRIKE]instead[/STRIKE] "I yearn for you every day (no full stop here)" instead?

Yes, or "I think about you".

Nicolle

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
True love forgives some mistakes;-)
Many of my university friends who are from other countries but study in Ukraine because of good conditions and low prices, have some problems with the language but they work hard so they have great chances not only to become professionals and good doctors in future but learn one more language :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
True love forgives some mistakes.
;-)

True. But Ems is picky about punctuation. (That sentence needed a period (full stop), and not a smiley.)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
... they have great chances not only to become professionals and good doctors in future but learn one more language. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]
Ems isn't the only one who's picky about punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.