Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I would be grateful, If anyone can help me correct my mistakes.

''To whom it may concern,

I hereby make my application for the advertised opportunity " New Graduate". I am a student in my final year, graduating in July 2019. I believe with my educational background in Mechanical Engineering from Karadeniz Technical University and career goals I am of great benefit to your company given the opportunity.

I have done my internships in the sector and I eagerly aspire to work in the automotive sector in the future. I completed my summer internships at Delphi Diesel Systems, Nemak Automotive and Ford Otosan. I am grateful for the opportunity as it enabled me to combine the theoretical knowledge from the University with the practical skills in the sector, thus giving me exposure in the automotive sector.
As an aspiring engineer who has knowledge about mass production and machine learning, I am solution-oriented, teamwork-oriented, and I emphasize on change and development. I believe I will be beneficial in your company's production department.

For further communication, you may reach me through my phone number or email address. My contact details are available in my Curriculum Vitae.

Thank you in advance.''

Your sincerely,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Why are you addressing this letter "To whom it may concern"? Do you not know who it is going to?

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Yes, I do not know who it is going to. Maybe I could write ''Dear Sir or Madam'' instead of it?

Thank you for your answer.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To make it more personal, I might contact the company direct and ask for the name of the person to whom job applications should be directed. It shows some initiative on your part.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What's the application deadline? Do you have time to act upon emsr2d2's suggestion? Also, the letter is a bit short; were you given any guidelines (word count, topics to cover)?

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thanks for your attention. I can start the letter with ''Dear David''. I had taken a course called ''Business English'' at university. It was my guidelines.

This is the last version of the letter.

'' Dear David,

I hereby make my application for the advertised opportunity " New Graduate". I am a student in my final year, graduating in July 2019. I believe with my educational background in Mechanical Engineering from Karadeniz Technical University and career goals I am of great benefit to your company given the opportunity.

At university, I have focused on automotive engineering and started to create a strong theoretical background. The course of internal combustion engines that I took my third year has made me more eager to work at this field. I am also interested in electrical vehicles and have been broadening my horizon by following related courses on Edx and Coursera which are online platforms offering courses in many areas.

I have done my internships in the sector and I eagerly aspire to work in the automotive sector in the future. I completed my summer internships at Delphi Diesel Systems, Nemak Automotive and Ford Otosan. I am grateful for the opportunity as it enabled me to combine the theoretical knowledge from the University with the practical skills in the sector, thus giving me exposure in the automotive sector.
As an aspiring engineer who has knowledge about mass production and machine learning, I am solution-oriented, teamwork-oriented, and I emphasize on change and development. I believe I will be beneficial in your company's production department.

For further communication, you may reach me through my phone number or email address. My contact details are available in my Curriculum Vitae.

Thank you in advance.''

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Mr Abbotsford,

I am hereby [Strike]make my application[/Strike] applying for the advertised [Strike]opportunity[/Strike] "New Graduate" position/vacancy. I am a student in my final year, graduating in July 2019. I believe with my educational background in mechanical engineering from Karadeniz Technical University and career goals, I [Strike]am of great benefit[/Strike] would be an asset to your company. [Strike]given the opportunity.[/Strike]

At university, I have focused on automotive engineering and [Strike]started to create[/Strike] have always sought to establish a strong theoretical background. The course [Strike]of[/Strike] on internal combustion engines that I took in my third year has made me more eager to work [Strike]at[/Strike] in this field. I am also interested in electrical vehicles and have been broadening my horizon by following related courses on Edx and Coursera which are online platforms offering courses in many areas.

I have [Strike]done my[/Strike] completed several internships in the automotive sector, and I eagerly aspire to work in [Strike]the automotive sector[/Strike] it in the future. I [Strike]completed my[/Strike] did summer internships at Delphi Diesel Systems, Nemak Automotive and Ford Otosan. I am grateful for [Strike]the opportunity[/Strike] those opportunities as [Strike]it[/Strike] they have enabled me to combine the theoretical knowledge from [Strike]the[/Strike] university with the practical skills in the sector, thus giving me valuable real-life exposure in the automotive sector.

As an aspiring engineer who has knowledge about mass production and machine learning, I am solution-focused, [Strike]oriented,[/Strike] teamwork-oriented, and I [Strike]emphasize on[/Strike] highly value change and development. I believe I will be [Strike]beneficial[/Strike] a successful member of staff in your company's production department.

[Strike]For further communication, you may reach me through my phone number or email address. My contact details are available in my Curriculum Vitae.[/Strike]

I include a copy of my curriculum vitae with my contact details in it and thank you in advance for considering my application.

Yours sincerely,
Edwin Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.