Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello! I am going to transfer to another university and I am asked to write a motivation letter. I do not know how to do it in the right way, so I need someone to check my letter and recommend how to make it better. Thank you!

I am a first-year student of Finance and Banking at the XXX. I would like to transfer from my university to XXXXX after the end of this academic year.
At the university and even in high school I had many academic achievements. I have participated in a lot of scientific conferences and competitions and always had very good results. This year I wrote a work about business problems in Ukraine, American philosophy and about some mathematics problems. As you can see, I have many goals in different fields of knowledge.
I have some international experience of communication because of studying in an international school, also I can speak several languages. I have been studying French for a year and now I have a strong A2 level. I speak English, Ukrainian and Russian easily. I am very interested in studying Polish because I have Polish roots and I like the culture of this country. I chose the XXXXX for applying because I believe that it is the best choice I could do. XXXXX seems magnificent to me and I am sure that it will help me to find even more possibilities than I could ever have. I like the atmosphere XXXXX has and I am sure that there is no university that is homelier in the whole Western Europe.
I see myself as an open-minded person who can work alone as well as a part of the team. I always have my own opinion I do not change, so I am the person everybody can trust. It is important to me to do as much as I can and never fail, no matter what. When it comes to do something important or to organize different events, I am a very reliable student. I enjoy being a part of a team and doing something that helps others.
I chose finance because I saw how many problems my country had because of lack of economic knowledge during the last years and I have always wanted my country to get economic independence and power. I really love Ukraine and want to get the best education possible in order to return home after my studies and to help my people to became an important part of the EU.
I am looking forward to receiving Your response!
Sincerely, XXXXXX

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I was asked to write a motivation letter.

I have you read some of the letters that are already in this section??

:)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello! I am going to transfer to another university, and I [Strike]am[/Strike] was asked to write a motivation letter. I do not know how to do it [Strike]in[/Strike] the right way, so I need someone to check my letter and recommend how to make it better. Thank you!

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a first-year student of finance and banking at the XXX. I would like to transfer from my university to XXXXX after the end of this academic year.

At [Strike]the[/Strike] university and even in high school, I had many academic achievements
[*]
. I have participated in a lot of scientific conferences and competitions and always had very good results
[*]
. This year, I wrote a work [What does that mean?] about business problems in Ukraine, American philosophy and about some mathematics problems [Are you talking about one or many texts?]. As you can see, I have [Strike]many goals[/Strike] interests in different fields of knowledge.

I have had [Strike]some[/Strike] exposure to international environments [Strike]experience of communication[/Strike] because of studying in an international school, [Strike]also[/Strike] and I can also speak several languages. I have been studying French for a year, and now I have a strong (A2 level) command of it. In addition, I speak English, Ukrainian and Russian fluently. [Strike]easily.[/Strike] I am very interested in studying Polish because I have Polish roots and I like the culture of this country. I chose the XXXXX [Strike]for applying[/Strike] to apply to because I believe that it is the best choice for me. [Strike]I could do.[/Strike] XXXXX seems magnificent to me, and I am sure that it will help me to find even more possibilities than I could ever have. I like the atmosphere XXXXX has, and I am sure that there is no university that is homelier in the whole of Western Europe.

I see myself as an open-minded person who can work alone as well as be a part of the team. I always have my own opinion, but I value the opinions of othersat the same time. [Strike]I do not change, so I am the person everybody can trust.[/Strike] It is important to me to do as much as I can and [Strike]never[/Strike] failure is never an option, no matter what. When it comes to [Strike]do something important[/Strike] performing critical tasks or to organizing [Strike]different[/Strike] various events, I am a very reliable student. I enjoy [Strike]being a part of a team[/Strike] collaborative work and doing something that helps others.

I chose finance because I saw how many problems my country [Strike]had[/Strike] has suffered from because of the lack of economic knowledge during [Strike]the last[/Strike] recent years, and I have always wanted my country to [Strike]get[/Strike]benefit from economic independence and development. [Strike]power.[/Strike] I really love Ukraine and want to get the best education possible in order to return home after my studies and to help my people to became an important part of the EU.

I thank you for considering my application, and I [Strike]am[/Strike] look [Strike]ing[/Strike] forward to receiving your response.

[Strike]Sincerely, XXXXXX[/Strike]
Yours faithfully,

Veronika Timoshenka
------------------------------------------

[*]:
Try to provide details if you can. That's how you can improve your letter.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Have you read some of the letters that are already in this section??

I presume that's what Tarheel intended to write. :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Teechar, I would like to encourage people to do more of their own work. Also, there are plenty of letters here (with corrections). People can read them and learn that way. Instead of doing that they prefer to get free help. I suggest that instead of that we let them help themselves more from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.