Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hi everyone,
Could anyone please correct the grammar of my email below or revise it. Thank you in advance.
“Our client found a mistake in our survey questionnaire. Instead of “6” we write “7” in question no. 4.
May we resend the questionnaire as revised.
ORIGINAL: What qualities do you look for in a candidate for public office? Please rank the following in order of preference with 1 being the most sought quality and 7 the least sought?
CORRECTED VERSION: What qualities do you look for in a candidate for public office? Please rank the following in order of preference with 1 being the most sought quality and 6 the least sought?
Our apologies and thank you for your kind understanding.”

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about using the passive: A mistake has been found in our survey. This makes it look like you were not as guilty and didn't have to rely on customers to find the mistakes. Also, use wrote not write.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi everyone,
Could anyone please correct the grammar of my email below or revise it? Thank you in advance.
Hello Alexander, and welcome. :)

“Our client found a mistake in our survey questionnaire. Instead of “6” we [STRIKE]write[/STRIKE] wrote “7” in question no. 4.
[STRIKE]May[/STRIKE] Can we resend the questionnaire as revised?
ORIGINAL: What qualities do you look for in a candidate for public office? Please rank the following in order of preference with 1 being the most sought quality and 7 the least sought?
CORRECTED VERSION: What qualities do you look for in a candidate for public office? Please rank the following in order of preference with 1 being the most sought quality and 6 the least sought?
Our apologies and thank you for your kind understanding.”
I agree with Tdol's recommendation above.

Status
Not open for further replies.