Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I would be grateful, If anyone can help me correct my mistakes.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an undergraduate student at the mechanical engineering department of Karadeniz Technical University. I am also studying electrical and electronic engineering within a double major programme. I would like to express my interest in doing a traineeship at Catalonia Polytechnical University in the Institute of Industrial and Control Engineering as an Erasmus student for this summer.

At Karadeniz Technical University, I got 3.62/4 GPA in mechanical engineering and 3.21/4 GPA in electrical and electronic engineering. The courses of System Dynamics and Control, Automatic Control Systems, Digital Control Systems and Mechatronics that I took during my education have given me a strong theoretical background in control engineering and made me eager to improve my skills in this field. I am not asking for a paid position; I just want to learn something from you and broaden my skill set.

During my education, I have been a part of a AR-GE team which is a clup that designs and manufactures drones and 3D printers for competitions. I am a senior member of this team and I have a strong practical background in drone designing and manufacturing. Now, we are trying to create autonomous tricopters and quadcopters which are going to be able to detect a plastic bottle, decide whether it is heavy or light and then take it to the area according to its weight. Drones and their gripping mechanisms are completely our designs and we are also devoloping image processing software by using Pyhton and Raspberry Pi to perform the task. We also have a 3D Printer designed and manufactured by us which is capable of printing composite materials.

I would value the opportunity of being part of your Erasmus programme. Moreover, I will do my utmost, since your university has a great reputation in this field. I am sure it would enrich my future studies and strengthen my career prospects.
Thank you very much for considering my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Er Bab

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I would be grateful if anyone can help me correct my mistakes.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an undergraduate student at the Mechanical Engineering Department of Karadeniz Technical University. I am also studying electrical and electronic engineering within a double major programme. I would like to express my interest in doing a traineeship at Catalonia Polytechnical University in the Institute of Industrial and Control Engineering as an Erasmus student for this summer.

At Karadeniz Technical University, I got 3.62/4 GPA in mechanical engineering and 3.21/4 GPA in electrical and electronic engineering. The courses of System Dynamics and Control, Automatic Control Systems, Digital Control Systems and Mechatronics that I took [Strike]during my education[/Strike] have given me a strong theoretical background in control engineering and made me eager to improve my skills in this field. I am not asking for a paid position; I would just like [Strike]want[/Strike] to learn something [Strike]from[/Strike] at your institution and broaden my skill set.

During my university education, I have been a part of the AR-GE team which is a club that designs and manufactures drones and 3D printers for competitions. I am a senior member of this team, and I have a strong practical background in drone designing and manufacturing. Now, we are trying to create autonomous tricopters and quadcopters which are going to be able to detect a plastic bottle, decide whether it is heavy or light and then take it to the appropriate collection area according to its weight. The drones and their gripping mechanisms are completely our designs entirely designed by us, and we are also developing image processing software by using Pyhton and Raspberry Pi. to perform the task. We also have a 3D printer designed and manufactured by us which is capable of printing composite materials.

I would value the opportunity of being part of your Erasmus programme. Moreover, I will do my utmost since your university has a great reputation in this field. I am sure it would enrich my future studies and strengthen my career prospects.

Thank you very much for considering my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Er Bab

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Could I ask a question about your correction here? If I must post on Ask a Teacher, please let me know.

What's the difference between "I want to do something" and " I would like to do something"?

Thank you!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What's the difference between "I want to do something" and "I would like to do something"?

The second is more polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.