Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct the mistakes in these sentences?

Anna frequently went to church until one day she saw a familiar face sitting in a pew. Paul killed her brother ten years ago, and now he was back. While her brother was rotting in his grave his killer looked healthy as ever. With his baby, clean-shaven face he was drawing looks from other parishioners. She watched him receiving the wafer and wine and making the sign of the cross and felt a stone in the pit of her stomach. She remained sitting, trying to hide the disgust growing inside her. She thought she was going to throw up. Her memory took her back to that fateful evening when Paul plunged the knife into her brother's body as if he was playing with a doll. His brother's and her own screams pierced the summer night while Paul squealed with delight like a child enjoying his toy. The blood splattering over him seemed to make him only more excited. Mark should have been twenty six this year, probably would have been married and fathered a couple of children, but instead he was turning into dust. Who had ordered his premature release? Why didn't authorities contact her beforehand? What was he doing in church? Seeking forgiveness? He would never get it from her. He had ruined her life forever. Her stomach was twisting, causing her to retch. She rushed outside, bent beside a privet and threw up.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm sure we had an exchange recently about your placement of adverbs. Look at "Anna went frequently to church" and see if you can rearrange it.

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Yes, emsr2d2, we had an exchange about the placement of adverbs, and I had read about the rules many times, but unfortunately I forgot to apply it when I needed, just as is the case with some other rules, which I forget after some time and then have to remind myself again.
In this case, the adverb of frequency should came before the main verb.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]His[/STRIKE] Her brother's and her own screams pierced the summer night while Paul squealed with delight like a child enjoying his toy. The blood splattering over him seemed to make him only more excited. Mark should have been twenty six this year, probably would have been married and fathered a couple of children, but instead he was turning into dust. Who had ordered [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] Paul's premature release? Why didn't the authorities contact her beforehand?

Status
Not open for further replies.