Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Hi good day,
i am currently finding it difficult to write my motivation letter.I am currently studying nursing but I want to apply for accounting and financing abroad but I don’t know what to write to reflect my reasons for going for for accounting and finance which is not related to my present program.How do I go about it?can you give me some tips to use

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Ashatant, and welcome to the forum. :)
Take a look at the motivation letters posted in our Letter Writing section. That should give you a good idea as to what you need to cover. Note that you need to organize your ideas into paragraphs. Also, were you given any guidelines (topics to cover, word limit) by the institution you're applying to?

Draft your letter and post it to the Letter Writing section, and we'll do our best to help you.

bubbha

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Taiwan
Think deeply about why you have decided to choose this field. What initially sparked your interest? What continues to fuel your determination? What kind of career do you wish to develop or life goals do you wish to achieve with the expertise you will learn in the program? Write about that.

Note: Do not say "I want to make a lot of money" or say "My parents want me to pursue this career"!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have moved this thread to the more appropriate "Letter Writing" section.

Do228

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Esperanto
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Europe
Note: Do not say "I want to make a lot of money"

I'm not so sure about that. Don't they have the motto "Greed is good" in the finance industry? So maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to tell it like it is in that letter and write something like "I want that job because I want to become f****** rich, as rich as possible". Maybe they would appreciate your honesty, who knows? If the personnel manager is somebody like Gordon Gekko, telling him fairy tales would make no sense anyway because he's not an idiot. But that's just my 2 cents as somebody who has never written a motivation letter and has never worked in the finance industry either.
(not a teacher)

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hey bubbha

My personal opinion is that anyone who holds a TESOL certificate is entitled to be called a teacher and you can delete or amend your signature. Teachers who agree can signal by liking this post.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Note: Do not say "I want to make a lot of money" or say "My parents want me to pursue this career"!

I agree with that. Large organizations often cannot offer very rapid promotion to even the best junior employees. The trouble with announcing your economic ambitions is that the person doing the hiring may prefer candidates who will be content with a more gradual rate of advancement.

This is my personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.