Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Just realized that there's a sub forum for resumes&cover letters, I think I posted my cover letter in the wrong forum earlier, sorry about that!

I need some help with the grammar in my resume. I'll try to break my resume down into different sections so that it's easier to review it. Thanks in advance!

There are 3 work experience in my resume:

Full Stack Developer (Company 1)
January 2018 to Present
• Develop and maintain backend applications for ourkids.net - a website that has 360,000+ monthly unique visits on average using PHP, MySQL, Redis and Memcached.
• Develop frontend web apps(ie. advanced search tools) using Javascript ES6 and react.js
• Develop backend CMS system and CRM system for content team and sales team. Design and develop backend APIs.

Full Stack Web Developer (Company 2)
August 2015 to August 2017
• Design, develop and maintain PHP/Wordpress/Laravel and Javascript wesbites
• Build backend system to process data and provide API for web apps using PHP.
• Build web crawler that fetch the price for certain products(target products using ASIN number) on Amazon.com and compare with the product price (after currency conversion using fixer.io) on Amazon.ca and send email notification (using AWS SES) if price is lower by certain amount using Java.
• Develop frontend Javascript web apps for customers.
• Working with graphic designers for cross-platform responsive web designs.

Programmer (Company 3)
December 2012 to August 2014
• Design, develop and maintain PHP and JSP websites. Develop Java applications.
• Developed Java web application for "Radius" direct mail service. The application handles file uploads, data processing, combine data using certain criteria and export the processed excel file.
• Work on SEO (Search engine optimization) to help clients improve their website keywords ranking on Google, Yahoo and Bing etc.

Here are the selected projects in my resume:

Ourkids landing pages optimization:
• Used MySQL explain statement to analyze slow on-page SQL queries. Restructured and optimized SQL queries to reduce number of rows scanned.
• Used variety of technologies like index and memcached to reduce the page load time.
• The latency of many slow pages reduced from 2s-3s to 500ms-700ms. Overall all the landing pages got at least 30%-40% speed boost.

School advanced search tool(https://www.ourkids.net/school/adv-search-results.php):
• Help parents to find nearby private schools based on their location and criteria.
• Used javascript ES6, ES7(async+await), React, Google Maps API, React context API.
• Proficiently designed database using MySQL. Developed backend API using PHP

Stallion Express user account system(https://ship.stallionexpress.ca/login):
• Built user account system using PHP + Laravel.
• Users can manage shipments, personal Information, upload manifest, request pickup, every day the system handles thousands of shipments and by the end of the day a combined manifest can be exported from the system so that it can be sent to the U.S. custom and border department.
• Paypal and Stripe API are used for the credits system.

And last, this is also a paragraph in my resume - but it doesn't fit into anywhere so I'll paste it here separately:

Most projects I worked on are closed source projects. But here're some of my hobby projects:
Advanced search mobile app(https://github.com/jianlubi/adv_search_mobile):
It's a mobile app I developed using React Native. Main purpose is to figure out the pros and cons of React Native and how much React code I can reuse in React Native.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This one is too long. I don't have time to read the whole thing. (I guess there's no need to thank me this time.)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
There are three work experience items in my resume:

Full Stack Developer (Company 1)
January 2018 to Present
• Develop and maintain back-end applications for ourkids.net - a website that has 360,000+ monthly unique visits on average, using PHP, MySQL, Redis and Memcached.
• Develop front-end web apps (i.e. advanced search tools) using Javascript ES6 and react.js
• Develop back-end CMS system and CRM system for content team and sales team. Design and develop back-end APIs.

Full Stack Web Developer (Company 2)
August 2015 to August 2017
• Design, develop and maintain PHP/Wordpress/Laravel and Javascript wesbites
• Build back-end system to process data and provide API for web apps using PHP.
• Build web crawler (using Java) that fetches the prices for of certain products (target products using ASIN number) on Amazon.com and compares with the product price (after currency conversion using fixer.io) on Amazon.ca, and send email notification (using AWS SES) if price is lower by certain amount. using Java.
• Develop front-end Javascript web apps for customers.
• Working Liaise with graphic designers for on cross-platform responsive web designs.

Programmer (Company 3)
December 2012 to August 2014
• Design, develop and maintain PHP and JSP websites. Develop Java applications.
• Developed Java web application for "Radius" direct mail service. The application handles file uploads, data processing, combines data using certain criteria and exports the processed Excel file.
• Work on SEO (Search engine optimization) to help clients improve their website keywords ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing, etc.

Here are the selected projects in my resume:
Selected Projects
Ourkids.net landing pages optimization:
• Used MySQL Explain statement to analyze slow on-page SQL queries. Restructured and optimized SQL queries to reduce number of rows scanned.
• Used variety of technologies like index and memcached to reduce the page load time.
• The latency of many slow pages reduced decreased from 2s-3s to 500ms-700ms. Overall, all the landing pages got at least 30%-40% speed boost.

School advanced search tool (https://www.ourkids.net/school/adv-search-results.php):
• Help parents to find nearby private schools based on their location and criteria.
• Used javascript ES6, ES7(async+await), React, Google Maps API, React context API.
• Proficiently designed database using MySQL. Developed back-end API using PHP.

Stallion Express user account system (https://ship.stallionexpress.ca/login):
• Built user account system using PHP and Laravel.
Enabled users can to manage shipments and personal information, as well as upload manifest and request pick up. Every day, the system handles thousands of shipments and by the end of the day, a combined manifest can be exported from the system so that it can be sent to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection department.

• Paypal and Stripe API are were used for the credits system.

Most projects I worked on are closed source projects, but here're some of my hobby projects include:
Advanced-search mobile app (https://github.com/jianlubi/adv_search_mobile)
It's a mobile app which I developed using React Native. The main purpose is was to figure out determine the pros and cons of React Native and how much React code I can reuse in React Native.

bij0520

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Hi teechar,

Thank you so much for revising my resume. Even though I haven't got any offer yet, I got much more interviews than before.

Can I buy you a coffee? Feel free to PM me your paypal.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi teechar,

Thank you so much for revising my resume. Even though I haven't got any offers yet, I have received many more interviews than before.

I'm fairly sure a get together would be impractical.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. Are you set up to use PayPal?

Let us know how your job search goes

:)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi teechar,

Thank you so much for revising my resume. Even though I haven't got any offer yet, I got [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] many more interviews than before.

Hi, I'm glad that you're getting more interviews. If you need help with cover letters, let us know. Try doing/recording a mock interview, and take a look at how you come across. Show the interview to a friend to get some feedback too.

Don't worry about the coffee; I don't have PayPal. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.