Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Bahrain
Dear all,
I am writing a letter of motivation required by the university i am applying for my master's degree and i need your help to correct any grammer or spelling mistakes as English is not my motherlanguage. Any extra help regarding the letter itself and the points made or the structure of the letter is appreciated if you have an experience in such letters.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am very glad to be applying for the Master of Science programme in [Course name] offered by [Uni name] for the winter semester of 2019. I have decided to apply for this programme because I am sure it would strongly enrich my future studies and help me in my prospective career. Moreover, I consider this programme as a great opportunity to get in touch with European culture and educational system.

I am a proud Civil Engineer, with a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from [Uni name]. I am a very dedicated, disciplined and intellectual person, which allowed me to graduate never having to repeat any of my courses, or retake the exams. The undergraduate curriculum introduced me to a wide variety of subjects in the field of Construction management. Various courses like Construction Engineering, Engineering Economics and Construction Management provided me with a strong footing in construction and real estate management field.

In addition to my studies I completed two internships in both private and public sectors in Bahrain where I got involved in some of the largest projects in the country. After graduation, I worked for a construction and real estate company for 6 months where I realized that construction management is the field I want to specialize in. I have chosen to apply for the [course name] programme because it perfectly fits my ambitions and equips me with the needed skills to pursue my dream in the project management field. By
reading the programme content available online, I have found that the modules covered will best suit my research interests and career goals. Education is a matter of affection with learning, so the fruits of higher education can be relished only when there is sync between the interest and the course content. Taking into account my undertakings so far, I am certain that [course name] programme from your prestigious institution would be the appropriate course to realize my goals.

My ultimate target is to become a successful project manager in the construction and real estate field in Germany. Reports show that Germany is enjoying a construction boom and I know I can contribute to this sector by applying all the skills I will learn in this programme. In addition, I hope that one day I will be able to transfer all the experience and advancement in German technology in construction to help build a better future in my home country.

I have chosen to apply for this particular programme because it is unique and have no equivalent at my home university. I am also impressed by the rich reputation and high ranking of both the universities altogether with the excellent outlook of the programme. Moreover, I believe that your close collaboration with real-world businesses and industry-oriented study will give me a competitive advantage for my future professional experience.

It is well-known that Germany is one of the best countries in Europe in terms of education quality. The opportunity to pursue a master’s course in Germany represents the next important challenge in my life and an important point from which I can aim for a Ph.D. My desire to pursue my postgraduate study emanates not only from this but also from my deep interest in the German culture and lifestyle which I admired since I was young. I value the chance of meeting and associating with people from all over the world and to be immersed in a society that has a global outlook and that is, in my view, a model to be followed. It would be a dream come true for me to live and work in Germany once I complete my masters. However, I find the Finnish culture quite interesting too and would love to learn more about it by mixing with the people there. I am confident that my experience in Helsinki and Berlin would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

Generally, I believe that I fulfil all the criteria for your programme and I am highly motivated to be part of it. So, I will be glad to take the next step in my career through [course name] to achieve my educational and future career goals. I am determined to make the most out of this master's, and I believe my international background and interdisciplinary education will add more diversity to the programme.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Best regards,
[My name]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear all,
I am writing a letter of motivation required by the university at which I am applying for my Master's degree and I need your help to correct any grammar or spelling mistakes as English is not my [STRIKE]mother language[/STRIKE] mother tongue/native language. Any extra help regarding the letter itself and the points made or the structure of the letter [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] would be appreciated if you have an experience in such letters.

I don't have time to look at the whole thing (it's a sunny Bank Holiday weekend here and I have too much tennis to play and too much chocolate to eat!) but please note my corrections to the opening paragraph of your post

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What's the application deadline?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am very glad to be applying for the Master of Science programme in [Course name] offered by [Uni name] for the winter semester of 2019. I have decided to apply for this programme because I am sure it would strongly enrich my [Strike]future studies[/Strike] academic knowledge and help me in my prospective career. Moreover, I consider this programme as a great opportunity to [Strike]get in touch with[/Strike] experience European culture and the German educational system.

I am a proud civil engineer, with a B.Sc. [Strike]in Civil Engineering[/Strike] from [Uni name]. I am a very dedicated, disciplined and [Strike]intellectual[/Strike] diligent person, [Strike]which[/Strike] and that has allowed me to graduate never having to repeat any of my courses, or retake [Strike]the[/Strike] any exams. The undergraduate curriculum introduced me to a wide variety of subjects in the field of construction management. Various courses like Construction Engineering, Engineering Economics and Construction Management provided me with a strong footing in construction and real estate management. [Strike]field.[/Strike]

In addition to my studies, I completed two internships in both the private and public sectors in Bahrain where I got involved in some of the largest projects in the country. After [Strike]graduation,[/Strike] graduating, I worked for a construction and real estate company for 6 months where I realized that construction management is the field I want to specialize in. I have chosen to apply for the [course name] programme because it perfectly fits my ambitions and equips me with the needed skills to pursue my dream in the project management field. By reading the programme content available online, I have found that the modules covered will best suit my research interests and career goals. [Strike]Education is a matter of affection with learning, so the fruits of higher education can be relished only when there is sync between the interest and the course content.[/Strike] Taking into account my undertakings so far, I am certain that the [course name] programme [Strike]from[/Strike] at your prestigious institution would be the appropriate course to help me realize my goals.

My ultimate target is to become a successful project manager in the construction and real estate field in Germany. Reports show that Germany is enjoying a construction boom, and I know I can contribute to this sector by applying all the skills I will learn in this programme. In addition, I hope that one day I will be able to transfer all the experience and advancement in German technology in construction that I learn to help build a better future in my home country.

I have chosen to apply for this particular programme because it is unique and [Strike]have[/Strike] has no equivalent [Strike]at[/Strike] in my home university. I am also impressed by the rich reputation and high ranking of both the universities [Strike]altogether with[/Strike] as well as the excellent outlook of the programme. Moreover, I believe that your close collaboration with real-world businesses and industry-oriented study will give me a competitive advantage for my future professional experience.

It is well-known that Germany is one of the best countries in Europe in terms of education quality. The opportunity to pursue a master’s course in Germany represents the next important challenge in my life and an important point from which I can aim for a Ph.D. My desire to pursue my postgraduate study emanates not only from this but also from my deep interest in the German culture and lifestyle which I have admired since I was young. I value the chance of meeting and associating with people from all over the world and to be immersed in a society that has a global outlook and that is, in my view, a model to be followed. It would be a dream come true for me to live and work in Germany once I complete my master's. However, I find the Finnish culture quite interesting too and would love to learn more about it by mixing with the people there. I am confident that my experience in Helsinki and Berlin would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

[Strike]Generally,[/Strike] I believe that I fulfil all the criteria for your programme, and I am highly motivated to be part of it. So, I will be glad to take the next step in my career through [course name] to achieve my educational and future career goals. I am determined to make the most out of this master's, and I believe my international background and interdisciplinary education will add more diversity to the programme.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

[Strike]Best regards,[/Strike]

Yours faithfully,
[My name]

Status
Not open for further replies.