Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Science is my favorite and most understanding subject right from the school days. Being the daughter of a mathematics teacher, I was guided to find the solutions for both scientific as well as social problems that came to me overcoming all the odds. Life science and Chemistry has been my favorite subjects ever since my school days and I found it interesting when chemistry applications were extended to the field of life science, which urged me to pursue my scientific career. I craved for more knowledge and chose the path of research after my schooling. From various journal papers and extracurricular lectures and seminars that I underwent, I realized that the field of nanomaterials is where I could find the correct intercourse of the two subjects. I also realized that the applications of nanomaterials could be intertwined in day to day life in many aspects.
Research Experiences
My research background is both extensive and varied, affording me a unique and well-rounded perspective in the lab. I have conducted research in two labs, ranging from Organic Synthesis to Nanomaterials, and although I have chosen to pursue graduate work in Nanomaterials, my experience in other fields makes me a versatile and interdisciplinary researcher.
I am currently an MPhil Student at the University XXX, India Kariavattom campus in the Department of Chemistry, working under the advisement of BBBB in Nanomaterials and its sensing and bioimaging application. With the guidance of DR XXXXX we designed a project on the sensing of various diseases using biomarkers on nanomaterials especially carbon quantum dots. Luminescent carbon dots, metal nanoparticles, metal nanoclusters, quantum dots, metal organic frameworks, etc. are novel star members of nanomaterial family which have promising applications in the field of sensing. Hence we propose to develop luminescent nanoparticles based biosensors for the detection of cardiac biomarkers utilizing signals such as fluorescence, electrochemical or magnetic.
From this lab, I obtained skills in synthesis and characterization of carbon quantum dots and their wide range application in bioimaging and sensing, which has focused my interest on nanomaterials and their applications. I also had an opportunity to assist more than 7 MSc Students for the project work for 6 months which had to boost my knowledge in this field ranging from Gold nanoclusters, various doped carbon quantum dots and extending their wide range application in Drug Delivery, MRI Contrast, Bioimaging, and Sensing. The laboratory resources at Kerala University would enable me to expand my further research and seek publication. I believe that studying the chemistry of biological systems will be critical in developing technology to address human health issues as well as future energy demands.
My research experience in Dr.XXX lab has prepared me for graduate school in Chemistry in two major ways. First, I have gained a stronger foundation in Material Chemistry which has
contributed to my specific interest in Nanomaterials. Second, and perhaps more importantly, I have gained confidence in my research abilities. I present my research at a weekly sub-group meeting alongside graduate students and post-docs. I adapt to the research needs of the lab and learn new techniques quickly. In short, I am confident in my ability to perform graduate-level research because I currently conduct research among graduate students. Though I enjoy my research at Dr. Sony George lab, my research interests, and career aspirations both point towards a doctoral degree in Chemistry from a renowned University from where I could get more exposure to the field of nanomaterials. I hope to make a career in academic research science, either as a Scientist or as a Senior Researcher.
I gained my first research experience during my undergraduate course, on the Chaotic behavior of Natural rubber and silica filled rubber observed them in different solvents and analyzed from the data collected.
I did my Master’s thesis at NITK with BBBB on Synthesis of dialkoxy methyl furan under heterogeneous catalysis, work was basically from biomass components. Through this work, I got deeply motivated and was exposed to Synthetic Chemistry. From this experience, I became familiar with various techniques employed for the purification and characterization of organic compounds, which gives a strong research background for my future endeavor.
I strongly believe that my strong desire to pursue research, my academic background in Chemistry, Physics, and computational sciences, the project work I have completed, all make me a deserving candidate in your group. I am looking forward to work to the best of my capabilities and the stateof-the-art opportunities in education. I feel that a research study which focuses on the fundamental aspects of Chemistry will be the most logical extension of my academic pursuits and a major step towards achieving my objectives. I would regard my opportunity to work at the of not only as a great honor but also as a great responsibility and an obligation to work ha

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You need to space between paragraphs.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello jkrishna, and welcome. :)
That letter appears to be truncated. Are you sure you pasted it all? If necessary, click Edit on the original post and add the missing part(s).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
jkrishna might have reached the limit for characters in one post.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Science is my favorite subject and has been since school days.

Status
Not open for further replies.