Member Type
Other
Native Language
Esperanto
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Europe
An attractive Italian woman is sitting on the neighboring table in a resto and is ordering smoked fish with rice and vegetables. What can you tell her?

Ciao bella, how are you doing? May I recommend you a medium-dry 2016 Soave? With all my culinary experience I can tell it would certainly be the perfect .................. for your dish.

supplement
addition
complement
appendix
partner
match

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
An attractive Italian woman is sitting on the neighboring table in a resto and is ordering smoked fish with rice and vegetables. What can you tell her?

Ciao bella, how are you doing? Pardon the intrusion but I frequently interrupt others dining here especially attractive women and I offer suggestions whether they request any or not. May I recommend for you a medium-dry 2016 Soave? With all my culinary experience here as a dishwasher I can tell it would certainly be the perfect complement for your dish. Perhaps we could share a bottle and later...…..
supplement
addition
complement
appendix
partner
match

My addition and selection.

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Don't forget to add And you can rest assured I haven't doctored the Soave. I'm definitely not creepy! Not the least bit!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here's how that would go if I were the unfortunate woman sitting at the next table. By the time you reached the words "With all my culinary experience, I can tell ...", you would hear from me "And from all my experience of creepy weirdos interrupting my dinner, I can tell you that the best thing you could do right now is f*ck off".

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps her response could be to offer some mace or pepper spray to enhance Do228's culinary experience?

Edit: Also, I just noticed the ironic similarity between Soave and suave....

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What can you tell her?

NOT A TEACHER

Hello, Do:

I am sure that you are a very sincere person that/who likes to share your knowledge of food with other people.

Because some people (especially women) may wonder why you are speaking to them, you may want to make your comments shorter and to the point.

Perhaps something like this:

"Excuse me, but I notice that you have ordered smoked fish with rice and vegetables. I have found that a medium-dry Soave is a perfect complement to that dish."

The diner will probably answer (a) "Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will ask the server/waiter/waitress to bring me some of that wine" or (b) "Thank you for your kind suggestion, but I do not drink wine."

Thank you for teaching me that "resto" is slang for "restaurant" and that "Soave" is a wine.

Best wishes

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

Ciao bella, how are you doing? May I recommend you a medium-dry 2016 Soave? With all my culinary experience I can tell it would certainly be the perfect .................. for your dish.

supplement
addition
complement
appendix
partner
match

In my opinion the best choice is complement. Partner and match are also possible, but the others don't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.