Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hey guys,

could you please help me with my motivation letter for exchange programme? Here is what I wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter I would love to express my strong motivation for attending the first semester in 2020 at University of XY.

My name is XY and currently I am studying Master’s degree programme in the Faculty of Arts, XY University in XY. I have chosen Psychology as my major, since I have developed strong interest in this field, especially in developmental psychology and child clinical psychology. In addition, I am studying Bachelor’s degree programme in Special education in the Faculty of Education, XY University. I successfully wrote and defended my bachelor’s thesis about a stress profile in parents of children with autism spectrum disorder. During my studies I have done many internships and volunteering activities, where I gained a great deal of valuable experience.

I would honour the opportunity to study one semester at your university, mainly because it would mean a lot for my professional and personal life. One of the reasons I chose University of XY is the location in XY, which has been my dream for many years. I am particularly interested in the richness of its culture and nature. Furthermore, the university offers both outstanding academic and student experience. Its Psychology programme is on a very high level. I believe that one semester at your university will improve not only my psychology knowledge but also my English language skills. I have been studying English since age of eight and since age of fifteen I have spent my summer holidays abroad attending English language courses in England and Malta or travelling around the world.

Finally, I am convinced that study abroad programme is the opportunity of a lifetime as it is excellent opportunity to acquire knowledge, meet various groups of young people, experience another culture first-hand and see one of the world’s most beautiful countries. Living and studying in a foreign country can broaden my horizons and it can be very exciting, fun and valuable for both professional life and overall personal development.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have you looked at some of the other items in this section (and their corrections)?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter, I would [Strike]love[/Strike] like to express my strong motivation for attending the first semester in 2020 at the University of XY.

My name is XY, and currently I am studying for my master’s degree [Strike]programme[/Strike] in the Faculty of Arts, XY University in XY. I have chosen psychology as my major, since I have developed strong interest in this field, especially in developmental psychology and child clinical psychology. In addition, I am studying in a bachelor’s degree programme in special education in the Faculty of Education, XY University. I successfully wrote and defended my bachelor’s thesis about a stress profile in parents of children with autism spectrum disorder. During my studies, I have done many internships and participated in volunteering activities, where I gained a great deal of valuable experience.

I would honour the opportunity to study one semester at your university, mainly because it would [Strike]mean a lot for[/Strike] greatly benefit my professional and personal life. One of the reasons I chose the University of XY is the location in XY.[Strike]which[/Strike] It has been my dream for many years to live in XY. I am particularly interested in the richness of its culture and nature. Furthermore, the university offers both outstanding academic and student experiences, [Strike]Its[/Strike] and your psychology programme is highly renowned. [Strike]on a very high level.[/Strike] I believe that one semester at your university will improve not only my knowledge of psychology, [Strike]knowledge[/Strike] but also my English language skills. I have been studying English since the age of eight, and since the age of fifteen, I have spent my summer holidays abroad attending English language courses in England and Malta or travelling around the world.

Finally, I am convinced that the Study Abroad Programme is the opportunity of a lifetime as it is [Strike]excellent opportunity[/Strike] a unique chance to acquire knowledge, meet various groups of young people, experience another culture first-hand and see one of the world’s most beautiful countries. Living and studying in a foreign country [Strike]can[/Strike] will broaden my horizons and it [Strike]can be[/Strike] is very exciting, fun and valuable for both [Strike]professional life[/Strike] my career prospects and overall personal development.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Nicolle

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Not a teacher

Hi there! Motivation letter plays very important role in seeking job, but not everybody knows it! Hopefully now almost every service of vacancies offers some usefull tips for writing it correctly. I use them. Gosh, not so long time ago I've had serious problems with my essay work about music (short terms and lacking good ideas). I was even told by my friends to use professional help (something like [URL removed] .. you know what I'm saying, there are a lot of sites like this), 'cause I was completely stressed out! But then I've pulled myself toghether and overcame this stressful moment! So my moral is even when you don't feel good enough to do something, just try to relax, to divert attention for short moment and catch motivation.. to write motivation letter! (sorry for tautology)

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Not a teacher

Hi there! Motivation letters [STRIKE]plays[/STRIKE] play a very important role [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] when you're seeking a job, but not everybody knows [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that!

Hopefully now almost every service of vacancies (the blue part means nothing) offers some useful tips for writing [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] them correctly. I use them. [STRIKE]Gosh,[/STRIKE] Not so long time ago [STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I had serious problems with my essay [STRIKE]work[/STRIKE] about music (short terms (the blue part means nothing) and I was lacking good ideas). I was even told by my friends to use professional help (something like [URL removed]. (You know what I'm saying; there are a lot of sites like this.) [STRIKE]'cause[/STRIKE] I was completely stressed out! But then [STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I pulled myself [STRIKE]toghether[/STRIKE] together and [STRIKE]overcame[/STRIKE] got over this stressful [STRIKE]moment[/STRIKE] time! So [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the moral of my story is even when you don't feel good enough to do something, just try to relax, [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] divert your attention for [STRIKE]short[/STRIKE] a few moments and [STRIKE]catch[/STRIKE] find the motivation to write [STRIKE]motivation[/STRIKE] your letter! (Sorry for the tautology.)

Learners, please note that Nicolle's original post contained a link to a cheating site. We do not allow such links and we certainly do not condone their use. The only reason I did not delete the entire post is so that all of you can learn from the multiple corrections I have made above.

Status
Not open for further replies.