Help me Draft a Letter of Motivation for German University- Only Need Approach Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdabir1203

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I am applying for Computational Science and Engineering Masters program in Ruhr Bochum .So I have drafted this Motivational Letter .Then again I also want to apply forMaterial Science Simulation Program which is similar to Comp Science where only 1500 Characters will be allowed for Letter of Motivation . So I want to know how is my Motivation Letter and what approach could I take more to improve my Writing and how can I use this for Material Science Simulation program.. Please give me specific approach idea and also please check my Grammars

I always tried to see how it works just standing by my brother. In few weeks I learnt using it all
by myself. From then I began to get acquainted with the latest technologies and that ultimately helped
me in taking the decision of shaping my future and the ultimate ambition of my life studying Mechanical
Engineering.

I experienced an unknown world after enrolling in Chittagong University of Engineering and
Technology (CUET), one of the best universities in Bangladesh through highly competitive entrance
exam among the best students of Bangladesh. There I came to know about Fluid Dynamics, Differential
Equations, Complex Variable, Introduction to MATLAB and application of Numerical Methods along
with a powerful parallel computing program Fortran. The comprehensive and versatile curriculum of
the Mechanical Engineering Department of CUET provided me with the concept of Research and
Experimental Techniques. Though I have a decent result with a CGPA of 3.16 among 160 students I
always had a penchant for innovative works. Finally, I got the opportunity while Working on my Final
year thesis titled "Effects of the Wavy Leading Edge on hydrodynamic characteristics for flow around
wing". In the thesis by implementing standard k-ε turbulence model, the variations on different
parameters velocity, pressure variation and drag coefficients for 2D Airfoil model. I used Wall
Enhancement for better mesh quality to figure out the relation between the velocity ultimate and the
value of k.
Another important event in my life to be noted during my third-year industrial attachment in Unilever
Bangladesh Limited, I was given the responsibility for finding problems and increase the efficiency of
a Process Water Cooling Tower. I had little knowledge prior to that. To my surprise, I was able to
identify the problems in their uniform fill water distribution and proposed them with a better shape
using the knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and design software Solidworks. This
experiences further stimulated my interest and made me aware of the potentials of Computational
Engineering in Industrial world firsthand. Out for thirst for more knowledge and to know about
Numerical method, I recently enrolled in a verified course in coursera.org titled "Computers, Waves,
Simulations: A Practical Introduction to Numerical Methods using Python" by Ludwig-Maximilians-
Universität München (LMU).

As I was going through the DAAD website I came across Ruhr-Universität Bochum, I got totally
engrossed to see the course curriculum of Computational Engineering. Ruhr-Universität Bochum has
an exciting interdisciplinary program that is exceptionally impressive with collaborative research
facility along with integration of Numerical Methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Material
Modeling and Structural engineering. Another thing I was amazed to see is the optional course titled
"Materials for Aerospace Applications" because I have my optional Aerodynamics in my undergrad
which compels me more to get to know more. I would be really fortunate if I could be a part of the
university.

Though importance of Computational Engineering is increasing exponentially day by day, it is not the
same in my country. There are lots of potential and vast fields are left out due to less knowledge of it.
So If I could get the proper guidance and aid, it will provide the strong background I desire in order to
shape my future research interests and provide my contributions to my country in respective fields. I
envision myself being involved in high-level research or creating new job sectors through
entrepreneurship providing solutions in various sectors of engineering world. My future graduate study
will pave a door to create new application of Computational Engineerin in my developing country where
there is immense utilization of this vast knowledge.
As an ardent admirer of new fields of Engineering, I am convinced of practical value of computing
research in vast area of Industrial world. For such keen interest in learning and get into deeper into the
world of analysis there is no other place than Ruhr-Universität Bochum. For an aspiring Masters
candidate, I feel that Computational Engineering is a very competitive program. Nevertheless, I know
I have the tools, determination and perseverance to accept such stimulating and challenging subject.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello there, and welcome to the forum. :)
It is not a great idea to write a generic motivational letter. Your letter should be tailored to the specific program/university you're interested in. Do you want to amend the above letter, or do you want us to proofread it as it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.