Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Campsites are a great solution for family and young people's holidays: they are affordable and offer a deep contact with nature.
Camping is a cheap way to make a beautiful vacation full of adventure.
Campers can make many outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, swimming or sightseeing.
Far away from the stressful cities, campers can relax and enjoy the benefits of fresh air and stunning landscapes.
Staying in a campsite also allows people to bond together and make new friends. The common areas are perfect to meet other campers and socialize with them.
Lastly, it is proven that camping has great health benefits too: it improves the mood, reduces the stress and increases the vitamin D levels. Furthermore, the mentioned outdoor activities give campers the opportunity to make more exercise which leads to physical and metal benefits.
Nowadays, campsites provide many facilities: wi-fi connection, resturants, children's playground and comfortable accommodation like bungalows and suites.
Camping has downsides too.
Firstly, the equipment can be expensive and setting up can be complicated.
Secondly, you have to share with other guests bathrooms, showers and the kitchen, with a consequent lack of privacy and comfort.
Camping means also a greater exposure to weather conditions and animals (bugs included) especially if using a tent.
To sum up, I think that camping has several disadvantages but the close connection with Mother Nature and the numerous facilities provided by modern campsites will ensure a perfect vacation.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It can be cheaper to stay at a campsite rather than a motel, that's true. Why do you use the word "solution"?

Are you a camper?

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
It can be cheaper to stay at a campsite rather than a motel, that's true. Why do you use the word "solution"?

Are you a camper?

Maybe I should use accommodation

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Are you practising essay writing for some test? If so, do you know how to structure an essay?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It wouldn't be good for me to rewrite it for you. You need to think for yourself. However, I can make suggestions that would (hopefully) be helpful.

The second sentence needs to be rewritten or deleted.

With the third sentence you have the right idea, but it needs to be tweaked some, perhaps making it into two sentences.

As for the next sentence, I would change it some. (It could be worse.

That's all for now.

:)

Last edited:

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Are you practising essay writing for some test? If so, do you know how to structure an essay?

Yes I am preparing for an English exam. Is something wrong with the structure? I would be glad if you could give me some advice.

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
It wouldn't be good for me to rewrite it for you. You need to thank for yourself. However, I can make suggestions that would (hopefully) be helpful.

The second sentence needs to be rewritten or deleted.

With the third sentence you have the right idea, but it needs to be tweaked some, perhaps making it into two sentences.

As for the next sentence, I would change it some. (It could be worse.

That's all for now.

:)

I'm sorry but I don't understand: it the essay that bad or not?
It's really hard for me to change what I wrote especially because I can't understand which sentence you are reffering to.
Thank you anyway :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The second sentence;

Camping is a cheap way to make a beautiful vacation full of adventure.

That doesn't work. Perhaps:

Going camping is a good way to take a vacation.

:roll:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm sorry but I don't understand. Is the essay that bad or not?
It's really hard for me to change what I wrote especially because I can't understand which sentence you are referring to.
Thank you anyway. :)

I'm confused too. The words second sentence couldn't be more explicit.
:-?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Yes I am preparing for an English exam. Is something wrong with the structure? I would be glad if you could give me some advice.
Which exam?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ponyo, you need to learn how to make paragraphs.

:-|

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Ponyo, you need to learn how to make paragraphs.

:-|

I know :-(
I'm trying to explain a certain topic in each paragraph but sometimes it's hard for me and I don't know why.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You haven't answered my question in post #10.

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ponyo, let's finish the ones that we're working on now before you start any new ones, okay?

Last edited:

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Ponyo, let's finish the ones that we're working on now before you start any new ones?, okay?

OK! Let me try again.

One of the cheapest ways to take an adventurous vacation is going camping. Campsites, in fact, are a great accommodation for family and young people holyday because of the many advantages they offer.

Firstly, going camping is more affordable then staying in a hotel.

Secondly, adventure is guarantee. What campers love most is the deep contact with the nature and the numerous outdoor activities they can make. Biking, hiking, swimming and sight seeing are an example.

In addition to what already has been said, camping is very relaxing. Far away from the stressful cities, campers can slow down their pace and enjoy the benefits of fresh air and the calm of stunning landscapes.

It is also proven that camping has great health benefits: it improves the mood, reduces the stress and increases the vitamin D levels. Moreover, the mentioned outdoor activities give campers the opportunity to make more exercise, which leads to physical and mental benefits.
Lastly, camping allows people to bond together and make new friends. The common areas, indeed, are perfect to meet other campers and socialize with them.

A common opinion is that campsites are not a comfortable accommodation. On the contrary, nowadays campsites offer many facilities such as Wi-Fi connection, restaurants, children’s playground and comfortable bungalows and suites.

Although, it is true that camping has downsides too.

The equipment needed can be expensive and the setting can be complicated.

Furthermore, campers have to share with the other guests bathrooms, showers and kitchen, with a consequent lack of privacy.

Additionally, camping means also a greater exposure to weather condition and animals (bugs included) especially if using a tent.

To sum up, I think that camping has several disadvantages but the close connection with Mother Nature and the numerous facilities provided by modern campsite will ensure a perfect vacation.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First paragraph. Perhaps:

One of the cheapest ways to take an adventurous vacation is to go canping. Campsites, in fact, are a great accommodation for families and young people on holiday ....

Secoond paragraph. You killed it!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Third paragraph. Perhaps:

Secondly, adventure is guaranteed! What campers love most is the close contact with nature and the numerous outdoor activities they can enjoy -- biking, hiking, swimming, and others.

Fourth paragraph. Second sentence. Perhaps:

Far away from stressful city life, campers can slow down their pace and enjoy the benefits of freah air and beautiful scenery.

The words "calm" and "stunning" don't really go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.