Italy
TO
ALFA SRL
via Roma, 47
21049 Tradate (VA)

Subject: Complaint Letter for Damaged/Wrong Goods
Ref.: Order n. 13475 of April 30, 2019

Dear Manager,

I'm writing in regards to a problem concerning the order n. 13475.

On April 30, I purchased a mobile phone from your store on-line and requested the item to be shipped at my address (personal address deleted).
The product I bought has the following features:
- MODEL Samsung Galaxy S8
- COLOR black
- STORAGE 64 GB
- PRICE euro 490,00.

I received the package on May 10 but unfortunately when I opened it I discoved that the product was damaged. The screen is in fact completely broken and the phone is unusable.
Moreover, I regret to inform you that I have received the wrong phone model: the package contained a Galaxy s8 instead of a Galaxy s9.

Therefore, I would like to make arrangements to return the item for a replacement. Of course, I do not expect to be responsible for paying the return shipping costs or any other cost.

Please advise me on how you wish to handle the return of the good, the courier and the collection date.

Enclosed to this letter you will find 3 photos showing the damaged phone and a copy of the order n. 13475.

I thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Alessandra

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say;

shipped to my address

And:

The screen is broken and the phone is unusable.

And:

or any other costs

And:

Please advise me on how you wish to handle the return of the phone.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Enclosed [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE]with this letter [STRIKE]you will find 3[/STRIKE] are three photos showing the damaged phone and a copy of the Order No. 13475.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is this real or just English practice?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please advice me on how you wish to handle the return of the good, the courier, and the collection date.

Just to make sure you understand, I wouldn't use that sentence for a couple of reasons. One, we don't use the word "good" that way. Two, it says you want to return the phone, the courier, and the collection date.

ponyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Please advice me on how you wish to handle the return of the good, the courier, and the collection date.

Just to make sure you understand, I wouldn't use that sentence for a couple of reasons. One, we don't use the word "good" that way. Two, it says you want to return the phone, the courier, and the collection date.

I knew something was wrong with the sentence's sense but didn't know what. Thanks! :-D

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I goofed! (You spelled advise correctly in the original.) I made a mistake in copying (typing). I guess nobody's perfect.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.