[Grammar] Correcting My Grammar by Telling Stories (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Are these sentences below correct?

It's been a while since I read books.
Actually, I've decided to not read paper books anymore because I really love to use technology as a learning tool and a lot of people these days are using it too like smartphones, laptops, etc to read novels or any kind of book which are available in digital form (e-book). But sometimes there are a couple of books I'd like to read that are not available in the form of e-books. So it's kind of forced me to buy paper books when the story of them are interesting to read, especially if they were written by a well-known writer.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Are these sentences below correct?

It's been a while since I read books.

Actually, I've decided [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] not to read paper (printed) books anymore because I really love to use technology as a learning tool and a lot of people these days are using it too like smartphones, laptops, etc to read novels or any kind of book which are available in digital form (e-book). But sometimes there are a couple of books I'd like to read that are not available in the form of e-books. So it's kind of forced me to buy paper books when their story [STRIKE]of them[/STRIKE] are interesting to read, especially if they were written by [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] well-known writers.

See if you agree with me on my corrections. Printed books is far more common.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

It's been a while since I have read any books.

Or:

It's been a while since I have read a book.

For some unknown reason the next sentence starts with Actually.

:?:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's been a while since I read a book.
Actually, I've decided to not read paper books anymore because I really love [Strike]to[/Strike] using technology as a learning tool, and a lot of people these days are using [Strike]it too[/Strike] devices like smartphones, laptops, etc to read novels, or any kind of book, which are available in digital form (e-book). But sometimes there are a couple of books I'd like to read that are not available [Strike]in the form of[/Strike] as e-books. So [Strike]it's[/Strike] that has kind of forced me to buy paper books [Strike]when the story of them are interesting[/Strike] that I really want to read, especially if they were written by a well-known writer.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

It's been a while since I have read any books.

Or:

It's been a while since I have read a book.

For some unknown reason the next sentence starts with Actually.

:?:

Use of "Actually". It would not be unusual or necessarily wrong in that context. But anyway, better than "literally", use of which has become an epidemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.