Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I have already posted an essay about a lost camera in a hotel. This one is similar but I'm not sure about some expressions and sentences. I will be glad if some one could read this version too.

To the Lost and Found Office

Dear Sir/Madame,

Yesterday morning I was on the 8.30 bus n. 33 from Cairate to Varese. I got on the bus at the stop of Cairate Via Mameli and got off at the stop of Gallarate city center.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take my bag with me and left it on the bus.

I'm sure I had it when I was on board because it fell from my hand while I was paying the ticket. Then, I took a seat in the front row right behind the driver and that is were I probably left it.

The bag is a yellow and blue shopping bag with red flowers on it. It is about 30 cm long and it contains a pink wallet with all my documents and credit cards in it. In the bag there are also a Samsung Galaxy s8 mobile phone, a white agenda and a black case with pens and pencils.

I would be glad if you could contact me and tell me if someone has found the bag and where is it now.

If the bag was returned to the Lost and Found Office, please let me know the opening time of the office and what is needed to be done to have the bag back.

As said, inside the bag there are all my personal belongings so it is really important for me to have it back.

I hope you will take prompt care of my request and I look forward from hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Alessandra

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I'm sure I had it while I was on the bus because I dropped it on the floor while I was paying my fare.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
I have already posted an essay about a lost camera in a hotel. This one is similar but I'm not sure about some expressions and sentences. I will be glad if some one could read this version too.

To the Lost and Found Office

Dear Sir/Madame,

Yesterday morning I was on the 8.30 bus n. 33 from Cairate to Varese. I got on the bus at the stop of Cairate Via Mameli and got off at the stop of Gallarate city center.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take my bag with me and left it on the bus.

I'm sure I had it when I was on board because it fell from my hand while I was paying the ticket. Then, I took a seat in the front row right behind the driver and that is were I probably left it.

The bag is a yellow and blue shopping bag with red flowers on it. It is about 30 cm long and it contains a pink wallet with all my documents and credit cards in it. In the bag there are also a Samsung Galaxy s8 mobile phone, a white agenda and a black case with pens and pencils.

I would be glad if you could contact me and tell me if someone has found the bag and where [STRIKE]is it[/STRIKE] it is now.

If the bag was returned to the Lost and Found Office, please let me know the opening time of the office and what is needed to be done to [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] get the bag back.

As said, inside the bag there are all my personal belongings so it is really important for me to have it back.

I [STRIKE]hope you will[/STRIKE] would appreciate it if you would take prompt [STRIKE]care [/STRIKE][STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] action on my request and I look forward [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Alessandra

Nice work. Some minor changes.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
And:

... and that is probably where I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.