Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have written some sentences as following. Could you please help me to correct them? Thank you!

I rarely sleep later every night. However, I will have a lack of sleep recently because too many works I need to deal with it. I remember I slept later last night. Basically, everyone knew it will hurt our healthy that affecting our body operations everyday. For example, I will drink lots of coffee during all day. When I slept at 3am and wake up at 9am. I have no any energy or badly emotion that effecting myself. But, that's a problem that I'm facing it and wanting a solution to this result.

So, I tried to make a plan for work. I also tried to sleep early if i could do it every night. How can I success to overcome this nightmare? I planned to set a alarm clock when I went to bed at 11:30pm and waked up at 6:30am. I started going to comapny by 8:30am. So, I have a 2 hour free time to handle my works.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I [STRIKE]have written some[/STRIKE] wrote the following sentences. [STRIKE]as following.[/STRIKE] Could you please help me [STRIKE]to correct[/STRIKE] by correcting them? Thank you!

I rarely sleep later every night. :cross: I don't know what you mean. "Later" is a comparative - later than what?

However, I [STRIKE]will have[/STRIKE] have suffered/have been suffering from a lack of sleep recently because I have [STRIKE]too many works[/STRIKE] a lot of work I need to deal with. [STRIKE]it.[/STRIKE]

I remember I slept later last night. :cross: Again, I don't know what you mean and it's grammatically incorrect.

[STRIKE]Basically,[/STRIKE] Everyone [STRIKE]knew[/STRIKE] knows [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that a lack of sleep [STRIKE]will hurt our healthy[/STRIKE] is bad for our health [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] and it can [STRIKE]affecting[/STRIKE] affect our [STRIKE]body operations[/STRIKE] bodily functions [STRIKE]everyday[/STRIKE] every day.

For example, I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] drink lots of coffee [STRIKE]during[/STRIKE] all day.

When I slept at 3am and wake up at 9am. :cross: This is not a complete sentence.

I have no [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] energy or badly emotion that effecting myself. The underlined part makes no sense.

[STRIKE]But,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]that's[/STRIKE] It's a problem that I'm facing [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]wanting[/STRIKE] I want a solution. [STRIKE]to this [STRIKE]result[/STRIKE] problem.[/STRIKE]

So (no comma here) I have tried to make a plan for work. What do you mean by "for work"?

I also [STRIKE]tried[/STRIKE] try to go to sleep early every night if I [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can. [STRIKE]do it every night.[/STRIKE]

How can I [STRIKE]success[/STRIKE] succeed [STRIKE]to overcome[/STRIKE] in overcoming this nightmare?

I [STRIKE]planned[/STRIKE] plan to set an alarm [STRIKE]clock[/STRIKE] for 6.30am when I [STRIKE]went[/STRIKE] go to bed at 11:30pm. [STRIKE]and waked up at 6:30am.[/STRIKE]

I have started going to [STRIKE]company[/STRIKE] into work by 8:30am so (no comma here) I have [STRIKE]a 2 hour[/STRIKE] two hours' free time to handle my [STRIKE]works[/STRIKE] other tasks/responsibilities.

Please look very carefully at all my corrections and comments above. Unfortunately, you are still trying to construct sentences that are too difficult for your level of English. I don't know how much longer we will be prepared to make the number of corrections that are necessary to make your writing comprehensible. You need to go back to the basics.

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please look very carefully at all my corrections and comments above. Unfortunately, you are still trying to construct sentences that are too difficult for your level of English. I don't know how much longer we will be prepared to make the number of corrections that are necessary to make your writing comprehensible. You need to go back to the basics.

emsr2d2,
Maybe I need to move to speaking English countries. Then, my English will improve a lot.
I don't know how longer the time that I can write a no errors or mistakes writings or articles. But, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I never fail to be amazed and impressed by the patience and persistence ems shows in correcting your texts for you when you repeatedly and blatantly ignore her and our advice.

There will come a time in the very near future when she, like the rest of us, sadly decides to give up on you.:-(

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I never fail to be amazed and impressed by the patience and persistence ems shows in correcting your texts for you when you repeatedly and blatantly ignore her and our advice.

There will come a time in the very near future when she, like the rest of us, sadly decides to give up on you.:-(

Rover_KE,

Have you seen my post at #3? The last sentence that i express "I will try my best to do it". It means I will follow emsr2d2 advice to write a simple sentence.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Polyester
We have the same old advice for you:
Write simple sentences and get them right before writing longer sentences and paragraphs. That is the only way to improve.
That is the correct way of learning any language.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
emsr2d2,

Maybe I need to move to [STRIKE]speaking[/STRIKE] an English-speaking [STRIKE]countries[/STRIKE] country.

Then (no comma here) my English will improve a lot.

I don't know how [STRIKE]longer the time that[/STRIKE] long it might be before I can write [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] anything with no errors. [STRIKE]or mistakes writings or articles.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]But,[/STRIKE] However, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.

Your enthusiasm is admirable and we don't want to discourage you. Look at my corrections above. You probably thought the sentences you were writing were simple but, as you can see, there was something wrong with every sentence. When we talk about simple sentences, we mean things like "I have a cat" and "I work in an office".

Next time you post, give us one sentence only, preferably containing no more than eight words.

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Your enthusiasm is admirable and we don't want to discourage you. Look at my corrections above. You probably thought the sentences you were writing were simple but, as you can see, there was something wrong with every sentence. When we talk about simple sentences, we mean things like "I have a cat" and "I work in an office".

Next time you post, give us one sentence only, preferably containing no more than eight words.

Okay. I try my best.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I don't know how longer the time that I can write a no errors or mistakes writings or articles. But, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.

We are not asking you to write without errors. We are advising you to change your way of studying.

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I'm standing in awe after seeing what Ems has done. :shock:

You deserve a medal!