• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

lack of sleep

I have written some sentences as following. Could you please help me to correct them? Thank you!

I rarely sleep later every night. However, I will have a lack of sleep recently because too many works I need to deal with it. I remember I slept later last night. Basically, everyone knew it will hurt our healthy that affecting our body operations everyday. For example, I will drink lots of coffee during all day. When I slept at 3am and wake up at 9am. I have no any energy or badly emotion that effecting myself. But, that's a problem that I'm facing it and wanting a solution to this result.

So, I tried to make a plan for work. I also tried to sleep early if i could do it every night. How can I success to overcome this nightmare? I planned to set a alarm clock when I went to bed at 11:30pm and waked up at 6:30am. I started going to comapny by 8:30am. So, I have a 2 hour free time to handle my works.
    An English learner.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: lack of sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    I have written some wrote the following sentences. as following. Could you please help me to correct by correcting them? Thank you!

I rarely sleep later every night. I don't know what you mean. "Later" is a comparative - later than what?

However, I will have have suffered/have been suffering from a lack of sleep recently because I have too many works a lot of work I need to deal with. it.

I remember I slept later last night. Again, I don't know what you mean and it's grammatically incorrect.

Basically, Everyone knew knows it that a lack of sleep will hurt our healthy is bad for our health that and it can affecting affect our body operations bodily functions everyday every day.

For example, I will drink lots of coffee during all day.

When I slept at 3am and wake up at 9am. This is not a complete sentence.

I have no any energy or badly emotion that effecting myself. The underlined part makes no sense.

But, that's It's a problem that I'm facing it and wanting I want a solution. to this result problem.

So (no comma here) I have tried to make a plan for work. What do you mean by "for work"?

I also tried try to go to sleep early every night if I could can. do it every night.

How can I success succeed to overcome in overcoming this nightmare?

I planned plan to set an alarm clock for 6.30am when I went go to bed at 11:30pm. and waked up at 6:30am.

I have started going to company into work by 8:30am so (no comma here) I have a 2 hour two hours' free time to handle my works other tasks/responsibilities.
    Please look very carefully at all my corrections and comments above. Unfortunately, you are still trying to construct sentences that are too difficult for your level of English. I don't know how much longer we will be prepared to make the number of corrections that are necessary to make your writing comprehensible. You need to go back to the basics.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Please look very carefully at all my corrections and comments above. Unfortunately, you are still trying to construct sentences that are too difficult for your level of English. I don't know how much longer we will be prepared to make the number of corrections that are necessary to make your writing comprehensible. You need to go back to the basics.
    emsr2d2,
    Maybe I need to move to speaking English countries. Then, my English will improve a lot.
    I don't know how longer the time that I can write a no errors or mistakes writings or articles. But, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.
    An English learner.

4. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

I never fail to be amazed and impressed by the patience and persistence ems shows in correcting your texts for you when you repeatedly and blatantly ignore her and our advice.

There will come a time in the very near future when she, like the rest of us, sadly decides to give up on you.

5. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    I never fail to be amazed and impressed by the patience and persistence ems shows in correcting your texts for you when you repeatedly and blatantly ignore her and our advice.

There will come a time in the very near future when she, like the rest of us, sadly decides to give up on you.
    Rover_KE,

Have you seen my post at #3? The last sentence that i express "I will try my best to do it". It means I will follow emsr2d2 advice to write a simple sentence.
    An English learner.

6. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Polyester
    We have the same old advice for you:
    Write simple sentences and get them right before writing longer sentences and paragraphs. That is the only way to improve.
    That is the correct way of learning any language.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

emsr2d2,

Maybe I need to move to speaking an English-speaking countries country.

Then (no comma here) my English will improve a lot.

I don't know how longer the time that long it might be before I can write a anything with no errors. or mistakes writings or articles.

But, However, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.
    Your enthusiasm is admirable and we don't want to discourage you. Look at my corrections above. You probably thought the sentences you were writing were simple but, as you can see, there was something wrong with every sentence. When we talk about simple sentences, we mean things like "I have a cat" and "I work in an office".

Next time you post, give us one sentence only, preferably containing no more than eight words.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

8. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Your enthusiasm is admirable and we don't want to discourage you. Look at my corrections above. You probably thought the sentences you were writing were simple but, as you can see, there was something wrong with every sentence. When we talk about simple sentences, we mean things like "I have a cat" and "I work in an office".

Next time you post, give us one sentence only, preferably containing no more than eight words.
    Okay. I try my best.
    An English learner.

9. VIP Member
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Don't try, do. Ems's words were very clear: "Next time you post, give us one sentence only, preferably containing no more than eight words".

VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

I don't know how longer the time that I can write a no errors or mistakes writings or articles. But, I can tell you I'm trying my best to do it every day.
    We are not asking you to write without errors. We are advising you to change your way of studying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last