Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi all,

Please help me correct the following piece of writing for grammar, vocabulary

=======================
Topic:

One of your friends recently had a birthday celebration, but you missed it and you forgot to tell your friend that you couldn't attend.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter

• apologize for missing the birthday celebration
  • explain why you missed it and why you didn't tell your friend
  • and say what you would like to do to show that you are sorry

Hi Janet,

I hope you're doing well. I am writing to apologize because I could not participate your last birthday party on Feb-21.

I understand that you really wanted me to come and cheer with you on the birthday party. And I also know that you’re not pleased with my absence without telling you any reasons. On this occasion, I want to explain to you the reasons why. In the morning of Feb-18, my direct manager told me that I must visit a client in Germany to help them solve urgent tasks which only me could help and my flight would depart in the morning of Feb-20. I had so little time to prepare for the trip. I was pretty busy with packing clothes, preparing tools, submitting necessary papers and materials for the trip and I, therefore, forgot your birthday. Please forgive me for not calling you that I could not come for the party as soon as possible.

I know you are a big fan of chocolate. So a big Cocao chocolate box and a beautiful Casio watch will be my gifts for you as a compensation when I return home. I hope you like it.

See you soon,
Chris

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi all,

Please help me correct the following piece of writing for grammar, vocabulary

=======================
Topic:

One of your friends recently had a birthday celebration, but you missed it and you forgot to tell your friend that you couldn't attend.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter

• apologize for missing the birthday celebration
  • explain why you missed it and why you didn't tell your friend
  • and say what you would like to do to show that you are sorry

Hi Janet,

I hope you're doing well. I am writing to apologize because I could not participate in your [STRIKE]last[/STRIKE] birthday party on Feb-21.

I understand that you really wanted me to come and [STRIKE]cheer with you on [/STRIKE] help you celebrate [STRIKE]the birthday party[/STRIKE]. And I also know that you’re not pleased with my absence without [STRIKE]telling[/STRIKE] giving you any reasons in advance. [STRIKE]On this occasion[/STRIKE][STRIKE],[/STRIKE] I want to explain to you the reasons why it was impossible for me to be there. In the morning of Feb-18, my [STRIKE]direct[/STRIKE] manager told me that I must visit a client in Germany to help them solve urgent [STRIKE]tasks[/STRIKE] issues [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] that only [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] I could help with and my flight would depart in the morning of Feb-20. I had so little time to prepare for the trip. I was pretty busy with packing clothes, preparing tools, submitting necessary papers and materials for the trip and I[STRIKE], therefore,[/STRIKE] forgot about your birthday. Please forgive me for not calling you to let you know that I could not come for the party as soon as [STRIKE]possible[/STRIKE] I realized that it would be impossible for me to attend.

I know you are a big "fan" of chocolate. So a big Cocao chocolate box and a beautiful Casio watch will be my gifts for you as [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] compensation when I return home. I hope you like [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] them.

See you soon,
Chris

Some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.