• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

shunt limits load?

Hello,

If you can still bear with me, I would like to ask you another question about the electrical diagram for Haulotte HTL4017 telescopic handler. The things that are already on this diagram are:

Parking brake, rear steering axle, raising boom up and (lowering boom) down, telescoping boom out and in, excavation up and down (a workmate of mine explained to me that it means moving the boom away from a person and moving it the towards a person), auxiliary sensors A and B, and axle blocking. Besides, there are a lot more phrases that make me confused each time I look at them.

What I don't know is what "shunt limits load" is.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

I think that the text has been translated from French into English all the more so as Haulotte telehandlers are produced in France.
    Last edited by JACEK1; 17-Jun-2019 at 08:16.

2. Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: shunt limits load?

Do you have access to the original French? It might be helpful if we could work from that original word, rather than the translation.

There are two usages of shunt that could apply to this type of machine:

1. I suspect it has to do with a 'side shift' function, in which the forks (or other boom attachment) can be made to move from side to side a small amount. There may be an indicator on the instrument panel to tell the operator if the limits of side movement have been reached.

2. There is also a definition of shunt in an electrical circuit. It may be tempting to assume that's the correct one as you are working on a wiring diagram, but I still think this has to do with my #1.

3. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

I have found some text about Haulotte HTL 4017 that mentions "side-shift".

1 - Approved attachments
    To determine whether an attachment is approved for use on the machine in use, proceed as follows before installation of attachment:
    • The attachment model/option number indicated on the attachment identification plate must correspond to the attachment number indicated on capacity chart located in the operator's cab (For the forks, buckets and side-shift fork carriage). For other attachments, refer to the load chart booklet of the attachment.
    • The model indicated on the capacity chart must correspond to the model of the machine being used.
    • The center of gravity of the load on the fork (if applicable) must correspond to the center of gravity of the load indicated on the capacity chart.
    • Hydraulically-powered attachments must only be used on machines equipped with auxiliary hydraulics.

www.haulotte.com.au/sites/haulotte_au/files/fichiers/Pages/htl4014_4017_operator_manual.compressed.pdf
    Last edited by JACEK1; 17-Jun-2019 at 14:00.

4. Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

Parking brake, rear steering axle, raising boom up and (lowering boom) down, telescoping boom out and in, excavation up and down (a workmate of mine explained to me that it means moving the boom away from a person and moving it the towards a person), auxiliary sensors A and B, and axle blocking. Besides, there are a lot more phrases that make me confused each time I look at them.

I've been meaning to dig into this one, as there are some problems:

1. Parking brake, rear steering axle This is quite clear.

raising boom up and (lowering boom) down These are redundant. Better as: raise/lower boom.

Telescoping boom out and in This is closer to your "moving the boom away from a person and moving it the towards a person". Maybe best expressed as boom out/in.

excavation up and down I think this refers to what's best expressed as bucket tilt, much as you can move your hand up and down at the wrist while keeping your arm stationary.

auxiliary sensors A and B This one's a little hard to interpret. Possibly the machine can have optional auxiliary hydraulic circuits built in to do specialized jobs.

axle blocking There is already a "parking brake", so maybe there is a system to block out axle oscillation for stability when heavy loads are lifted high and away. If such is the case, then I think I would refer to that as load stabilizers.

Besides, there are a lot more phrases that make me confused each time I look at them. This is fun!

5. Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by JACEK1 View Post
    I have found some text about Haulotte HTL 4017 that mentions "side-shift".

1 - Approved attachments
    To determine whether an attachment is approved for use on the machine in use, proceed as follows before installation of attachment:
    • The attachment model/option number indicated on the attachment identification plate must correspond to the attachment number indicated on capacity chart located in the operator's cab (For the forks, buckets and side-shift fork carriage). For other attachments, refer to the load chart booklet of the attachment.
    • The model indicated on the capacity chart must correspond to the model of the machine being used.
    • The center of gravity of the load on the fork (if applicable) must correspond to the center of gravity of the load indicated on the capacity chart.
    • Hydraulically-powered attachments must only be used on machines equipped with auxiliary hydraulics.

www.haulotte.com.au/sites/haulotte_au/files/fichiers/Pages/htl4014_4017_operator_manual.compressed.pdf
    You are working on a wiring diagram and you have linked an Operator's Manual. Not the same thing, so only you (or your colleagues) can determine if my suggestions are good or not. From what I see, I feel a bit more confident, but still you should get some more direct confirmation. Workplace safety is involved!

6. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

I am glad to have amused you.

As for the safety, you are 100 % right.

I wanted to tell you that the text in the link contained "side-shift".
    Last edited by JACEK1; 17-Jun-2019 at 20:24.