Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi Teachers,
Please look at the sentences below and advise me if they are worded grammatically.
As per therequest below, we have sent our team to the site to inspect the furniture whichwere being flown or scattered due to heavy wind. There were only two umbrellas found to be damaged upon inspection. The furniture were just dislocated or blowing away by heavy wind but no furniture was found to be damaged. Also, all the furniture cover were flown and they mentioned that cover should have bottom ties so that it will not fly. These are lightweight furniture apart from the umbrella. These umbrellas have base stand weight butit should be closed during high wind conditions but furniture should beremoved and kept inside when wind blows so that we can avoid this kind ofdamages. Since they are placed near the rooftop pool, there is chance to fallover once strong wind hits. However, we have taken all the damaged items to ourworkshop and let us see how we can repair it.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi Teachers,
Please look at the sentences below and advise me if they are worded grammatically.
As per th
e request below, we have sent our team to the site to inspect the furniture which was [STRIKE]were being flown[/STRIKE] strewn or scattered due to heavy wind. [STRIKE]There were[/STRIKE] Only two umbrellas found to be damaged. [STRIKE]upon inspection. The[/STRIKE] Some furniture items were just dislocated or [STRIKE]blowing[/STRIKE] blown away by heavy wind but [STRIKE]no furniture[/STRIKE] none was found to be damaged. Also, all the furniture covers [STRIKE]were flown[/STRIKE] had blown away and they mentioned that covers should have bottom ties to keep them in place.[STRIKE]so that it will not fly.[/STRIKE] These are lightweight furniture apart from the umbrella. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] The umbrellas have a base stand weight, but [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] they should be closed [STRIKE]during[/STRIKE] in high-wind conditions. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] Furniture should be removed and kept inside [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] in windy conditions [STRIKE]blows[/STRIKE] so that we can avoid this kind of damage. Since they are placed near the rooftop pool, [STRIKE]there is chance to[/STRIKE] they may fall over once a strong wind blows. [STRIKE]hits.[/STRIKE] However, we have taken all the damaged items to our workshop [STRIKE]and let us[/STRIKE] to see how we can repair them. [STRIKE]it.
[/STRIKE]

I don't understand the text in blue. Can you rephrase/explain it?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
One small point. I would say some items instead of some furniture items.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.