Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have to co

1) If I had joined AMC I wouldn't have been provided with the company transport (I would have had to commute on my own to work) for all the years I had worked for AMC.

1) If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have to commute on my own to work) for all the years I worked for AMC.

Please check my sentences.

2. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have t

Find a way to avoid writing AMC twice in the same sentence.

3. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have t

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    Find a way to avoid writing AMC twice in the same sentence.

1) If I had joined AMC I wouldn't have been provided with the company transport (I would have had to commute on my own to work) for all the years I had worked there.

1) If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have to commute on my own to work) for all the years I worked there.

4. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    1) If I had joined AMC I wouldn't have been provided with the company transport (I would have had to commute on my own to work) for all the years I had worked there.

1) If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport (I would have to commute on my own to work) for all the years I worked there.
    You've used the tenses correctly and successfully fixed the redundancy in both sentences, but they both have a definite article that doesn't belong. Can you revise them to fix that and to remove the parenthetical statement?
    I am not a teacher.

5. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by GoesStation View Post
    You've used the tenses correctly and successfully fixed the redundancy in both sentences, but they both have a definite article that doesn't belong. Can you revise them to fix that and to remove the parenthetical statement?

1) If I had joined AMC I wouldn't have been provided with the company transport for all years I had worked there.

1) If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport for all years I worked there.

6. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    1) If I had joined AMC I wouldn't have been provided with the company transport for all years I had worked there.

1) If I joined AMC I wouldn't be provided with the company transport for all years I worked there.
    No. Try again.
    I am not a teacher.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Also, don't forget that such conditional sentences need a comma to separate the dependent and independent clauses.

8. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Who do you work for? Who is providing the transportation? I am not clear about your meaning.

9. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by GoesStation View Post
    No. Try again.

1) If I had joined AMC, I wouldn't have been provided with company transport for all the years I had worked there.

1) If I joined AMC, I wouldn't be provided with company transport for all the years I worked there.

10. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by SoothingDave View Post
    Who do you work for? Who is providing the transportation? I am not clear about your meaning.

I work for AMC and this company is providing the transport (pick up and drop service) for its employees so that they don't have to commute.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last