Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

The soldiers marched to the strains of some patriotic songs to the enormous transport planes bound to take them to a new war. They had all kinds of thoughts on their minds, but one of them was persistent in everyone--would I return alive? The fear they felt would never be reported in the news. Their doubts would never be discussed in public. They were dispatched to kill and destroy in a faraway country so that they own elites could enjoy the life they were used to. The soldiers knew they were expendable just as factory workers were. They had been told since childhood to believe in fairy-tales, in kings and queens, in lords and ladies, and to keep silent, because if you protest, you could incur the wrath of your Master, who would never forgive you your dissent. You should die in silence so that a lie can live forever.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The soldiers marched to the strains of some patriotic songs to the enormous transport planes bound to take them to a new war. They had all kinds of thoughts on their minds, but one [STRIKE]of them[/STRIKE] was persistent [STRIKE]in everyone[/STRIKE]--would I return alive? The fear they felt would never be reported in the news. Their doubts would never be discussed in public. They were dispatched to kill and destroy in a faraway country so that [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] their own elites could enjoy the life they were used to. The soldiers knew they were expendable. [STRIKE]just as factory workers were.[/STRIKE] They had been told since childhood to believe in fairy-tales, in kings and queens, in lords and ladies, and to keep silent, because if you protest, you could incur the wrath of your master, who would never forgive you your dissent. You should die in silence so that a lie can live forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.