• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

My daily routine

My daily routine

Every day, I wake up at six o’clock and get up at six hour and thirteen minutes. Then, I wear my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I come my home. I take my tooth then I have a breakfast that my mom prepared. At seven hour and thirty minutes, I go to work.

I often come home at seven hour pm after my work have finished. I take a bath then I have diner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for next day. I go to bed at eleven pm.
    Please correct my mistakes.

2. Senior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: My daily routine

Quote Originally Posted by chunchuntthn View Post
    My daily routine

Every day, I wake up at six o’clock and get up at six hour and thirteen (?) minutes. Then, I wear put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I come my (or "get") home. I take my tooth brush my teeth. Then I have a breakfast that my mom prepared. At seven hour and thirty minutes, I go to work.

I often come home at seven hour pm after my work I have finished work. I take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for the next day. I go to bed at eleven PM.
    Please correct my mistakes.
    (?) Did you mean 6:30?

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

You will see, the more English you read, that we almost always express time using numbers.

I get up at 6.30am.
    I have dinner at 8pm.
    She walked the dog at 11.45am.

The exceptions are midday, noon and midnight, all of which are generally expressed in words.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

4. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    (?) Did you mean 6:30?
    yes.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Yes.
    Don't forget to capitalise the first/only word of a sentence.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

6. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

This is my rewrite.

Every day, I wake up at six a’clock and get up at 6:30 am. Then, I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home. I brush my teeth. Then I have breakfast that my mom prepared. At 7:30 am, I go to work.

I often come home at 7 pm after I have finished work. I take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for the next day. I go to bed at 11 pm.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

This is my rewrite.

Every day, I wake up at six a’clock 6am and get up at 6:30. am. Then (no comma here) I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home, I brush my teeth. Then I and have breakfast, that which my mom prepared prepares. At 7:30, am I go to work.

I often come home from work at 7pm after I have finished work. I and take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, if my parents are out, I eat alone. when my parents go out. I always help my mom wash the dishes, then I prepare my clothes for the next day and I go to bed at 11pm.
    Note my suggested changes above. Once you have established that you are talking about mornings, by saying "6am", you don't need to keep repeating "am".

8. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Thanks emsr2d2

Every day, I wake up at 6 am and get up 6:30. Then I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home, I brush my teeth and have breakfast, which my mom prepares. At 7:30, I go to work.
    I often come home from work at 7pm and take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, if my parents are out, I eat alone. I always help my mom wash the dishes, then I prepare my clothes for the next day and I go to bed at 11pm.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

OK, but there is no need to post the entire thing again just to show that you can read my corrections. Clicking on the "Thank/Like" buttons on post #7 would have been sufficient.