Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I am trying to write a company profile. However, I'm not a native! so not too sure if it sounds like English ha
can someone help me?

The company was established in 1995.

Mainly on cutting and processing of steel pipes in the early stage. In 2012 our brand, ____ was created.

We have been working around on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years, with more than 80 patents and many cooperation experiences on OEM and ODM.

With well-developed skill, we will continue providing high-quality products for our guests.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am trying to write a company profile. However, I'm not a native speaker of English, so I'm not too sure if it sounds natural.[STRIKE]like English ha[/STRIKE]
Can someone help me?

The company was established in 1995.

We were mainly focused on the cutting and processing of steel pipes in the early stage. In 2012, our brand, ____ was created.

We have been working around on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years, with more than 80 patents and many cooperation experiences on OEM and ODM.

With [STRIKE]well-developed[/STRIKE] our solid expertise and highly skilled staff, we will continue providing high-quality products for our customers. [STRIKE]guests.[/STRIKE]
Hello tangweichien, and welcome to the forum. :)
I don't understand the parts highlighted in blue. Please rephrase/explain them.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am trying to write a company profile. However, I'm not a native! so not too sure if it sounds like English ha
can someone help me?

The company was established in 1995, mainly on cutting and processing of steel pipes in the early stage. In 2012 our brand, ____ was created.

We have been working [STRIKE]around[/STRIKE] on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years, with more than 80 patents and many [STRIKE]cooperation[/STRIKE] cooperative relationships with OEM and ODM manufacturers.

With our well-developed skill, we will continue providing high-quality products for our [STRIKE]guests[/STRIKE] clients.

Suggestions, if my understanding is accurate.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would say:

With our well-developed skills ....

(Either customers or clients might work there.)

tangweichien

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hello tangweichien, and welcome to the forum. :)
I don't understand the parts highlighted in blue. Please rephrase/explain them.

Thank you for your big help! it helps me a lot:-D
I'm not always in front of the computer so the reply may be a bit late...

Working around on: Meaning that we have been working on this for a long time. Should I say working on instead of working around on?

Cooperation experiences: Trying to say we do OEM and ODM for other companies, and it's been a while and has lots of experience.

I rephrased it like this:
We have been working on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years, with more than 80 patents and partner with other companies as an OEM and ODM manufacturer.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you for your big help! it helps me a lot.:-D
You're welcome.

I'm not always in front of the computer so the reply may be a bit late.
No problem.

Working around on: Meaning that we have been working on this for a long time. Should I say working on instead of working around on?
Yes.

Cooperation experiences: Trying to say we do OEM and ODM for other companies, and [STRIKE]it's been a while and has[/STRIKE] we have lots of experience in that.

I rephrased it like this:
We have been working on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years, with more than 80 patents, and we partner with other companies as an OEM and ODM manufacturer.
See above.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We have been working on bike and vehicle locks for the past 24 years. We have more than 80 patents and partner with other companies as an OEM and ODM manufacturer.

That's how I would phrase that.

Status
Not open for further replies.