Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The sound quality is poor. I had to wear noise-cancelling headphones to make it out.

[Somebody, goaf?] rebounds off to Shaq; that might go from four feet; it does; turn-around jumper ..

They give the ball to van Ecktel; [something or somebody] underneath for the slam dunk by Shaq.

Break; Kobe faked the pass; the defender went for the pass; I'll tell you who this car(?) this one is Kobe; Kobe s... [somebody] this in the air; brings it out to Kobe; his three-pointer on the way is good; what a nice rotation etc.

Gordon, now he advances to the front court; and that is Kobe Bryant; nice! Bounce underneath to Rook; that's a heck of a pass; and Rook scores on a bank shot going to the hole.

That's my final version -- the best I can do.

Last edited:

dylc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thanks very much. It seems I should choose a better material for learning next time.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Yes, I think you should. The game is moving rapidly and the situation changes from second to second. The announcers have to speak quickly. They may muff a word here and there, and even native speakers nay fail to hear something. But in the context of a basketball game that is not important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.