Page 15 of 16 First ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last
  1. Fleur de mort

Re: I enjoy teaching English

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    With no one to argue with you?
    What did you mean?

my sisiter is teaching english on line she's great most of her students are korean

Avelyn
    WebMaster
    Biographical Dictionary - S9.com - Biographical Dictionary contains information on 33000 notable people from ancient times to the present day.

Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Swedish
      • Home Country:
      • Sweden
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden

I work in a special teaching environment, not in a school but in a prison, together with another teacher. However, this job fits me and my character like a hand in a glove. I love rules and consequences, but I am a warm person as well. Furthermore, I enjoy being surrounded by men (there are not many women there) - my experience has been that men talk less and do more. We teach our (adult) students individually (ISP) and in the classroom. They need to be approached as normal human beings, and education is a way for them to bridge the huge gap between 'indoors' and 'outdoors'. It gives them hope that there is life behind those "bars", and prompts them to channel their energy into becoming better human beings. After all, this is what education is all about. I've worked with adults most of my teaching time, but this one experience is really a challenge for me. I love it.
    Last edited by bianca; 16-Sep-2007 at 12:20.

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur de mort View Post
    What did you mean?

Fleur : I've always talked to myself. It's really a good idea to learn.
    Tdol : And you're guaranteed to have an interesting conversation.
    Blouen :With no one to argue with you

* I mean, no one´s going to argue with you when you talk only to yourself for, of course, we don´t start arguments with ourselves, do we?

Key Member
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    I work in a special teaching environment, not in a school but in a prison, together with another teacher. However, this job fits me and my character like a hand in a glove. I love rules and consequences, but I am a warm person as well. Furthermore, I enjoy being surrounded by men (there are not many women there) - my experience has been that men talk less and do more. We teach our (adult) students individually (ISP) and in the classroom. They need to be approached as normal human beings, and education is a way for them to bridge the huge gap between 'indoors' and 'outdoors'. It gives them hope that there is life behind those "bars", and prompts them to channel their energy into becoming better human beings. After all, this is what education is all about. I've worked with adults most of my teaching time, but this one experience is really a challenge for me. I love it.
    Interesting and quite risky!

5. Key Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    I think I member that some time ago you were a little bit afraid of this new challenge (am I right?). I am happy to hear you love it! Indeed it looks a difficult but interesting task. Good luck!

Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

If you enjoy teaching you'll be a very successful teacher. it doesn't matter where you teach: at school or somewhere else.

Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

There is a textbook for Russian schools which is called "Enjoy English".
    Of course, the textbook is for the students to enjoy learning English. But the teachers can also enjoy teaching English. And consequently they will both enjoy English and have good results.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Teaching English is very interesting but it's more intersting learning English. I mean we teachers have been working for many years and we never stop learning ourselves. While teaching we find something new, something more intersting. So when we stop teaching we stop learning. But when we stop learning we just cant teach any more. Such is the process of teaching....

I absolutely agree with you Harry. It's very true.

hi Mr.harry.
    Good to see your mail. I have a small doubt can you please correct it..letme know whether this sentence is correct.
    Micheal Jackson is my IDOL..
    or
    Micheal Jackson is my IDEAL..
    give me the reason which one is correct and why.
    Regards
    hafeez

Page 15 of 16 First ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last