Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Is the second sentence understandable to you?

Hello,

An acquaintance of mine has asked me to translate two sentences from Polish into English. I would like to request you to tell me if the second sentence makes sense to you.

On the 11th of June this year, Company "Max" entered into (respective) agreements with Green bank and Agency "FIGO" to finance long-term contracts (that are) fulfilled by the Company "Max". Initiating a line of financing will improve the way the contracts are carried out, and will also have a positive effect on the remaining aspects of the Company’s activity.

What do you think?
    Last edited by JACEK1; 17-Jul-2019 at 11:37.

2. Senior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Is the second sentence understandable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by JACEK1 View Post
    Hello,

An acquaintance of mine has asked me to translate two sentences from Polish into English. I would like to request you to tell me if the second sentence makes sense to you.

On the 11th of June this year, Company "Max" entered into (respective) agreements with Green bank and Agency "FIGO" to finance long-term contracts (that are) fulfilled by the Company "Max". Initiating a line of financing will improve the way the contracts are carried out, and will also have a positive effect on the remaining aspects of the Company’s activity.

What do you think?
    If I understand the phrase , "initiating a line of financing" correctly, I would prefer the more common "establishing a line of credit".

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Is the second sentence understandable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by JACEK1 View Post
    I would like to request you to tell me if Does the second sentence make sense to you?