Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: reminder

  1. Senior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Feb 2017
    • Posts: 657
    #1

    reminder

    I am writing to remind a teacher that she will have classes to teach. Can I write the below in the email?

    #1
    Dear May,

    Just a friendly reminder for your coming classes of module 3 of English programme:

    Lesson 1 Date: XXX
    Lesson 2 Date: YYY


    OR

    #2
    Dear May,

    I would like to remind you that you have the classes as follows for module 3 of English programme:

    Lesson 1 Date: XXX
    Lesson 2 Date: YYY
    If I make any mistakes in English, please let me know! Please! Thank you!

  2. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 28,591
    #2

    Re: reminder

    What's the context?

    Is she one of your teachers? Do you call all your teachers by their forenames? Have you a reason to think she needs a reminder? Is it your responsibility to send her one?

  3. Senior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Feb 2017
    • Posts: 657
    #3

    Re: reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    What's the context?

    Is she one of your teachers? Do you call all your teachers by their forenames? Have you a reason to think she needs a reminder? Is it your responsibility to send her one?
    She is not my teacher. I am the helper of this course so I am responsible for reminding her. It's okay to call her forename.
    If I make any mistakes in English, please let me know! Please! Thank you!

  4. Tarheel's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jun 2014
    • Posts: 16,042
    #4

    Re: reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybo View Post
    I am writing to remind a teacher that she will have classes to teach. Can I write the below in the email?

    #1
    Dear May,

    Just a friendly reminder for your coming classes of module 3 of English programme:

    Lesson 1 Date: XXX
    Lesson 2 Date: YYY


    OR

    #2
    Dear May,

    I would like to remind you that you have the classes as follows for module 3 of English programme:

    Lesson 1 Date: XXX
    Lesson 2 Date: YYY
    They both look good to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybo View Post
    She is not my teacher. I am the helper of this course so I am responsible for reminding her. It's okay to call by her forename.
    Rover was asking if you are her supervisor.
    Not a professional teacher

  5. Senior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Feb 2017
    • Posts: 657
    #5

    Re: reminder

    I'm not her supervisor or subordinate.
    If I make any mistakes in English, please let me know! Please! Thank you!

  6. Tarheel's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jun 2014
    • Posts: 16,042
    #6

    Re: reminder

    I was explaining the phrase one of your teachers.
    Not a professional teacher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •