Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is the following letter grammatically correct?

This letter of recommendation is to certify that the prospect student, Mr. Ahmad XXXX, is highly eligible to pursue his education as a graduate student. I have known him for 6 years when he was pursuing his graduate studies at university college of XXXX and after graduating.
He was an MSc student in artificial intelligence in our college around two years. Based on my observations, in addition to his exceptional academic excellence among his peers, I find Ahmad is a person of very good character—polite and elegant, easygoing and generous, as well as confident in face of challenges. In fact, he was one of the best students with the highest level of smart, hardworking, very positive attitude and other great characteristics that made him be as a real researcher. Moreover, he has a loving and caring heart, actively participating in various volunteer and charitable causes.
Mr. Ahmad XXXX has a great passion for doing further research in computer science, artificial intelligence and combination between them with water science and he published two paper in International journals in related filed while working on Msc. thesis. I believe his research plan in his application for your program has a solid foundation and great feasibility for success.
Hope that his application will have a favorable consideration. Should you have further question about his, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As far as I can tell, the individual has a Master's in Computer Science and wishes to enroll in a Ph.D program. Are you that person?

Make paragraphs!

Hopefully, a moderator will move this to the proper forum.

MK22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Actually, that person is my friend.

Is it necessary to add this statement that he wishes to enroll in a PhD program?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Actually, that person is my friend.

Is it necessary to say that he wishes to enroll in a PhD program?

If that's what he wants to do, why would you not say that?
:-?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have you seen any of these before? Are they usually one long paragraph? Have you ever seen "university college" before?

He would only be aprospective student if he hadn't been a student before.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
To Whom It May Concern

I am writing t
his letter of recommendation [STRIKE]is to certify that the prospect student,[/STRIKE] for Mr. Ahmad XXXX whom I believe is highly eligible to pursue his education as a graduate student. I have known him for 6 years when he was pursuing his graduate studies at University College [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] XXXX and after he graduated. [STRIKE]ing.[/STRIKE]

He was an MSc student in artificial intelligence in our college for around two years. Based on my observations, [STRIKE]in addition to[/STRIKE] I can vouch for his exceptional academic excellence among his peers. [STRIKE]I find[/STRIKE] Ahmad is a person of very good character—polite and elegant, easygoing and generous, as well as confident in the face of challenges. In fact, he was one of the best students and always [STRIKE]with the highest level of[/STRIKE] smart, hardworking, and very positive in his attitude. Those and other great characteristics [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] have made him [STRIKE]be as a real[/STRIKE] a successful researcher. Moreover, he has a loving and caring heart, actively participating in various volunteer and charitable causes.

Mr. Ahmad XXXX has a great passion for doing further research in computer science, artificial intelligence and [STRIKE]combination between[/STRIKE] combining them with water science, and he published two papers in international journals in related [STRIKE]filed[/STRIKE] fields while working on his MSc. thesis. I believe his research plan in his application for your program has a solid foundation and great [STRIKE]feasibility for[/STRIKE] path to success.

I hope that his application will have a favorable consideration from you. Should you have further questions about him or his work, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Josh Nash

[STRIKE] Kind regards[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.