Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Australia
I recently moved to new area. I want to write a blog for my community members about merits and demerits of the area.what should I include and How should I start? please guide

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I recently moved to new area. I want to write a blog for my community members about merits and demerits of the area. What should I include and how should I start? Please guide me.

Note my corrections above.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I recently moved to a new area.

I want to write a blog for my community members about [STRIKE]merits[/STRIKE] the good and [STRIKE]demerits of[/STRIKE] the bad (things/events) in the area. What should I include, and how should I start? Please guide me.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :)

Have you tried googling "how to start a blog" or "what to write in a blog"?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I don't understand. How can you not know what you want to write about?

What is the reason that you want to write this blog? Has somebody asked you to do it? Do you know what these merits you mention are? Have you talked to any members of the community about this? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's a blog. You should write about something that interests you and that you can write relatively knowledgeably about. You already said you want to write about the merits (and otherwise) of the area so that's exactly what you should include. As you're new to the area, isn't it likely that the community there will already know more than you about its merits?

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
NOT A TEACHER

Hello, Princy Kaur:

1. I live in a certain neighborhood here in Los Angeles, California.

2. There is a website for people who live in this area to share ideas, information, etc. It seems to be similar to what you are referring to.

3. When I check this website every morning, some posters have discussed various topics: strangers who are committing crimes in the area, a request for a good plumber, irresponsible dog owners who do not keep their dogs on a leash, a restaurant that serves delicious meals, etc.

4. Since you are new to the area, you could share your experiences in finding a suitable apartment, for example. Or maybe tell your readers how you met your first friend in the neighborhood. There is no end to interesting topics to write about.

Best wishes

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :)

Have you tried googling "how to start a blog" or "what to write in a blog"?

I've never done that. What comes up?
:)

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
What comes up when you Google something is enormously variable. First, it depends heavily on which country or region you are in when you ask. It also depends on what Google knows about you, which is very probably a lot. In order to limit the effectivesness of SEO (search engine optimization) Google never reveals details of how its algorithm works. In summary, if you and I Google the same thing, we are unlikely to get the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.