• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Leave of absence

I have to write an email to my HR informing about my leave of absence for 3 days as i have to attend a training (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock in/Clock out of office everyday. If she is informed about my absence she will go ahead and clock me in Manually.

Although i can speak pretty good english, i'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should i write it?

Thanks in advance.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Leave of absence

Quote Originally Posted by Improvingeng View Post
    I have to write an email to my HR informing them about my three-day leave of absence as i have to attend a training seminar (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock iin and out of the office every day. If she is informed of my absence she will go ahead and clock me in manually.

Although i can speak pretty good English, i'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should i write it?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm confused. Your boss knows you're going and hasn't told HR? And you're supposed to be clocked in and out even if you're not there?

As for the email, just give them the relevant details. As long as you're clear about that they'll be happy.
    Not a professional teacher

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    I'm confused. Your boss knows you're going and hasn't told HR? And you're supposed to be clocked in and out even if you're not there?

As for the email, just give them the relevant details. As long as you're clear about that they'll be happy.

LOL. Yes, it's a very small organization and unfortunately there is a huge communication gap between everyone.
    My question is how do i write the email. I have recently started working and i lack even the basic email knowledge/etiquette.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Dear So and so:

I am going to be attending a training seminar between MM DD YYYY and MM DD YYYY. My name is June Johnson and I work in the XYZ office.

Cordially yours,

June Johnson
    Not a professional teacher

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I have to write an email to my HR informing them about of my leave of absence for 3 three days as I have to attend a training course (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock in/clock out of the office everyday. If she is informed about of my absence, she will go ahead and clock me in manually.

Although I can speak pretty good English, I'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should I write it?

Thanks in advance.
    LOL. Yes, it's a very small organization and unfortunately there is a huge communication gap between everyone.
    My question is How do I write the email? I have recently started working and I lack even the basic email knowledge/etiquette.
    Note my corrections above. Remember that you must always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun) - it doesn't matter where it appears in the sentence. Also, capitalise proper nouns, such as "English".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.