Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello.

Could you please proofread my translation? I am sorry if this is not the right section to post it. If it's not. Please tell me where to post it.

Many people love Armenian cousine.What better way to be able to cook the most delicious Armenian meals using fresh ingredients? This tour will reveal the secrets of Armenian food. You will be able to explore the recipe of the traditional Armenian dish Dolma and enjoy it with a glass of Armenian wine. You will be shown iridescent Armenian carpets and learn cooking techniques under the tutelage of a professional chef. During your cooking classes you will be taught how to cook traditional Armenian dishes . You will be able to cook and enjoy Armenian meals which you have cooked yourself. After we meet at the hotel, we wil go to Megerian Carpet Museum. You will be given fresh ingredients and together with a chef, who will tell you stories about traditional Armenian cousine, you will start cooking. You can cook homemade Dolma as a main course. The chef will introduce it to you by telling you about its origin and its different recipes. After 40 minutes of cooking together when Dolma is ready you can start enjoying the abundance of the best Armenian dishes with tasty Armenian wine. Before and after the culianry classes together with your tour guide you will visit The Megerian Carpet Museum. You will be shown the natural paint, watch the production of the carpets, visit the Noem and Ovaness old carpet museum and finally the new gallery of the carpets too. At the end of the tour you will be taken back to the hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Cuisine. Cousine is a word in French, but not in English.

Paint is incongruous with carpets. Perhaps you mean dyes or dyestuffs.

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I will correct the word cousine and yes I was talking about dyes. 'So in my sentence it should be ''you will be shown natural dyes....''

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Many people love Armenian cousine.What better way to [STRIKE]be able to[/STRIKE] cook the most delicious Armenian meals using fresh ingredients?

I would say:

Many people like Armenian food.

As for the second sentence, it doesn't go with the first one. That's because no way of cooking Armenian food is mentioned beforehand. Are you sure something isn't missing?

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
It might be missing in the original. I used 'to be able to' as the original suggests that this tour(unlike the other tours) gives the guests an opportunity to cook traditonal food thmeselves. Which isn't easy.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It might not be easy, but cooking can be fun.
:)

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Should it be the Megerian Carpet Museum or Megerian Carpet Museum? ''After we meet at the hotel, we wil go to the Megerian Carpet Museum''.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The definite article is always used with museum names. The Megerian ...

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

together with a chef ... you will cook some Armenian dishes.

And:

the Megerian Carpet Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.