Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
I have to write an email to my HR informing about my leave of absence for 3 days as i have to attend a training (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock in/Clock out of office everyday. If she is informed about my absence she will go ahead and clock me in Manually.

Although i can speak pretty good english, i'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should i write it?

Thanks in advance.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have to write an email to my HR informing them about my three-day leave of absence as i have to attend a training seminar (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock iin and out of the office every day. If she is informed of my absence she will go ahead and clock me in manually.

Although i can speak pretty good English, i'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should i write it?

Thanks in advance.
:?:

I'm confused. Your boss knows you're going and hasn't told HR? And you're supposed to be clocked in and out even if you're not there?

As for the email, just give them the relevant details. As long as you're clear about that they'll be happy.

Improvingeng

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
I'm confused. Your boss knows you're going and hasn't told HR? And you're supposed to be clocked in and out even if you're not there?

As for the email, just give them the relevant details. As long as you're clear about that they'll be happy.

LOL. Yes, it's a very small organization and unfortunately there is a huge communication gap between everyone.
My question is how do i write the email. I have recently started working and i lack even the basic email knowledge/etiquette.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear So and so:

I am going to be attending a training seminar between MM DD YYYY and MM DD YYYY. My name is June Johnson and I work in the XYZ office.

Cordially yours,

June Johnson

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have to write an email to [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] HR informing them [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of my leave of absence for [STRIKE]3[/STRIKE] three days as I have to attend a training course (approved by my boss). We have to manually clock in/clock out of the office everyday. If she is informed [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of my absence, she will go ahead and clock me in manually.

Although I can speak pretty good English, I'm pathetic at writing. Please help me with my informal email. How should I write it?

Thanks in advance.

LOL. Yes, it's a very small organization and unfortunately there is a huge communication gap between everyone.
[STRIKE]My question is[/STRIKE] How do I write the email? I have recently started working and I lack even [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] basic email knowledge/etiquette.

Note my corrections above. Remember that you must always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun) - it doesn't matter where it appears in the sentence. Also, capitalise proper nouns, such as "English".

Status
Not open for further replies.