Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Please correct my mistakes. Replying to my friend who wants to know if she can visit me on her way to her cousin's house. She's giving me a very short notice to stay overnight at my place as the drive is too long. Her question was how much in advance should i be notified if she decides to take a overnight break at my place. Just FYI- I work in a school.

Hi XXXX,

I am sorry for the delay in response. As we are getting ready for the School to reopens next week, the work load has been crazy. Answering your question, you can stay overnight if the drive is too much, however, I have to warn you the house is a big mess. Also, I haven't shopped this week for groceries as yet. But we would love to have you guys over. We will fix a quick dinner.

Rgds,
XXXX

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please correct my mistakes. I am responding [STRIKE] Replying [/STRIKE] to my friend who wants to know if she can visit me on her way to her cousin's house. She's giving me a very short notice to stay overnight at my place as the drive is too long. Her question was: how much in advance should I be notified if she decides to take an overnight break at my place? Just FYI- I work in a school.

Hi XXXX,

I am sorry for the [STRIKE] delay in [/STRIKE] late response. As we are getting ready for the school to reopen next week, the workload has been crazy. In answer to [STRIKE] ing [/STRIKE] your question, you can stay overnight if the drive is too long. [STRIKE] much, [/STRIKE] However, I have to warn you the house is a big mess. Also, I haven't yet shopped this week for groceries, [STRIKE] as yet. [/STRIKE] but we would love to have you guys over. We will fix a quick dinner.
Take care,
[STRIKE] Rgds, [/STRIKE]
XXXX

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You are getting ready for school to reopen.

Do they speak and write English at that school?

Improvingeng

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
You are getting ready for school to reopen.

Do they speak and write English at that school?

Yes, they speak and write English. I work as Admin, not a teacher.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, they speak and write English. I work [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] in admin, not as a teacher.

See my corrections above. If you want to use "as" in the first part of the second sentence, say something like "I work as an admin officer/admin assistant ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.