1. ana laura

Cool Could you help me with this,please?=)

hello, I reported this text, please could you tell if it is ok?
    *How should I report the pronoun 'You'?

Alana Lee told Jennifer Lopez it was hard not to compare the film to “Pretty Woman” and the famous actress immediately agreed with her but affirmed that there were comparisons in as far as it was a romantic comedy. She believed that it was more like "Working Girl" and "Pretty Woman" together and that it was not really a Cinderella story but a more reality-based. Then Alana asked Jennifer what she liked about her character and she honestly answered that Marissa was more like her than any character she had ever played because she was a Puerto Rican from The Bronx who had the young son and was just trying to make ends meet. She added that every day she got on the train to work and went to that big city of dreams for more. Jennifer repeated that Marissa had aspirations in that way and she really related to her. Also Alana asked her how it had been to work with Ralph Fiennes and Jennifer truthfully remarked that even though he was very good in the movie, it was funny because people would think it wouldn’t be challenging for him but romantic comedy did have a certain kind of tone. She also said that one had to strike a balance between reality, telling a story, and being heartfelt and honest but at the same time, found the humour in it. Finally, the interviewer asked her if the movie had a message and Jennifer assured her that it had saying that one shouldn’t judge people or discard them by how the looked and shouldn’t give up on one’s dreams.
    Thank you so much.

Re: Could you help me with this,please?=)

Quote Originally Posted by ana laura View Post
    hello, I reported this text, please could you tell if it is ok?

Alana Lee told Jennifer Lopez it was hard not to compare the film to “Pretty Woman” and the famous actress immediately agreed with her but affirmed that there were comparisons in as far as it was a romantic comedy. She believed that it was more like "Working Girl" and "Pretty Woman" together and that it was not really a Cinderella story but a more reality-based one.

Then Alana asked Jennifer what she liked about her character and she honestly answered that Marissa was more like her than any character she had ever played because she was a Puerto Rican from The Bronx who had [the] a young son and was just trying to make ends meet. She added that every day she got on the train to work and went to that big city of dreams for more. Jennifer repeated that Marissa had aspirations in that way and she really related to her.

Also Alana asked her how it had been to work with Ralph Fiennes and Jennifer truthfully remarked that even though he was very good in the movie, it was funny because people would think it wouldn’t be challenging for him but a romantic comedy [did] does have a certain kind of tone.

She also said that one had to strike a balance between reality, telling a story, and being heartfelt and honest but at the same time, found the humour in it. Finally, the interviewer asked her if the movie had a message and Jennifer assured her that it had, saying that one shouldn’t judge people or discard them by how the looked and shouldn’t give up on one’s dreams.

Thank you so much.
    Great work, Ana Laura!!

I don't understand. Could you give me an example?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Then Alana asked Jennifer what she liked about her character and she honestly answered that Marissa was more like her than any character she had ever played because she was a Puerto Rican from The Bronx who had the young son and was just trying to make ends meet.
    Then Alana asked Jennifer what she liked about her character and she honestly answered that Marissa was more like her than any character she had ever played before because she was a Puerto Rican from The Bronx who had a young son and was just trying to make ends meet.
    She added that every day she got on the train to work and went to that big city of dreams for more.
    More what?
    Jennifer repeated that Marissa had aspirations in that way and she really related to her. Also Alana asked her how it had been to work with Ralph Fiennes and Jennifer truthfully remarked that even though he was very good in the movie, it was funny because people would think it wouldn’t be challenging for him but romantic comedy did have a certain kind of tone. She also said that one had to strike a balance between reality, telling a story, and being heartfelt and honest but at the same time, found the humour in it.
    Should that be found or find?
    Finally, the interviewer asked her if the movie had a message and Jennifer assured her that it had saying that one shouldn’t judge people or discard them by how the looked and shouldn’t give up on one’s dreams.
    Finally, the interviewer asked her if the movie had a message and Jennifer assured her that it had saying that one shouldn’t judge people by how they look and shouldn’t give up on one’s dreams.
    ~R
    Last edited by RonBee; 23-Sep-2006 at 04:04. Reason: Fix quote

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

In answer to your question in the reported post, 'you' is used as a general pronoun, so you don't need to change it. 'One' is OK, but rather formal and doesn't sound very natural to me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Say:
    People aren't always what they appear and you shouldn't judge people
    by how they look.
    ~R